"JJ, grab her hand," Chase ordered as we all hopped down into the creek. Rudy reached for my hand and guided me into the water as we all started swimming across as fast as possible.

"Freeze!" A police officer shouted behind us as they entered the water. The water was cold but with how quickly we were moving I wasn't able to process it. We made it across and scurried out, drenched in water. We hid behind a tree trying to figure out our next move.

"We're trapped," Rudy stated.

"They surrounded us," JD turned to us, "What do we do?"

"No getting out of it. We gotta take a stand," Rudy answered grabbing the gun from his pocket and trying to dry it off as quickly as possible. The police were closer now as we all looked at each other trying to think of what we could do next. Rudy cocked the gun turning toward the police before Chase lunged forward taking it from him and throwing it to the ground.

"It's gonna be alright," he nodded.

"John B! Step out into the clearing!"

"Get down. Do not move!"

"I'm surrendering!" Chase yelled. We all stood up slowly with our hands in the air

"Stay right where you are. Keep your hands where we can see them."

"Hey, listen, Shoupe, I wanna testify," he told them.

"It's about time. Get down. Do not move a muscle. Everybody else, don't move," they ordered.

They threw Chase to the ground and I screamed with tears in my eyes.

"No!" Maddie shouted, "Let him go!

"Seriously? Come on!" Rudy yelled as they roughed Chase up.

"Sheriff, what is that? You're gonna let that happen?" Rudy screamed in their faces as we were surrounded.

"Don't move!"

"This is for Peterkin," the officer said before punching Chase in the face, though actually slightly missing him. And that was the end of this episode.

As soon as we were cut a cold breeze hit and I realized how cold I actually was. I took the winter jacket that was offered to me quickly and shivered from head to toe. We had to redo a few different takes before we could head home.

+++

"I picked up some hot apple cider, does that work?" I called Maddie as I left the store.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Were you able to find everything?" She asked.

"Yeah, I did. How are the decorations looking?" I asked.

"Good, Mariah's on cobweb duty. I've got all the spooky desserts made," she responded.

"Sounds good, I'll be home shortly to help out," I said before we hung up. I packed up the car and headed home. I stopped by Chase's to give him some hair gel he had requested for our costume. Since the party was last minute we didn't have much time to go look for costumes so we had brainstormed figuring out what we already had and what could be made into a costume. We went the easy route and had decided on Sandy and Danny from Grease. The only thing I ended up having to get was some leather pants, other than that we had everything else. I entered my apartment and found Maddie and her girlfriend, Mariah, hanging some decorations from the ceiling in the living room. They had already shut the blinds and lit the room with JD's party lights.

"Woah, this looks great!" I exclaimed, putting the groceries on the counter.

"You should see the bathroom," Maddie told me and so I walked over. The mirror was covered in blood and they had made a fake crime scene with an outline of a person taped on the floor.