Chapter 12

I hopped out of the boat heading towards my friends.

"Hey, there she is," Chase told JD who he was sitting beside on the beach.

"Sarah!" Maddie called waving her hands as they call got up running out to greet me.

"You made it," JD said as they helped me out of the boat.

"What happened?" Chase asked as the rest of them tried to hide the boat. "How'd it go?"

"You guys were right. It didn't work," I shrugged sniffling slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Welp, then that settles it, guys," Rudy announced, "Now, y'all need to load up in the paddy wagon and get the heck out of Dodge right now."

"Right, you'll need supplies, and you'll have to split as soon as possible," JD told us as Chase paced around.

"Guys, I think it's too late," Maddie announced as we all followed her gaze out into the water, where in the next take would be all the police boats.

"They followed you here?" Chase asked me, "Must've been your father."

"We have to find another way out," Rudy stated. They cut the scene to film the boats coming in and we were given our winter jackets. It was a cloudy day with no sun at all making the temperature a lot colder than what we were used to in South Carolina. We were given notes for the upcoming scene for the Chase and I shivered in place until we were given the ok to break and rushed over to the heated tent. Everyone all had the same idea as we shoved our way through the opening huddling around the heater.

"And to think it's only going to get colder," JD noted.

"Okay, we don't need a debby downer," Rudy cut in.

"Just think of Barbados," Maddie said more to herself than anyone else as she shivered beside me.

"It looks like there will be some sun a bit later on, hopefully during the creek scene," I said looking at the weather forecast on my phone. We were given hand warmers and I shoved them in my pockets. We could hear the sirens of the police boats as they filmed them coming to shore while waiting patiently until they needed us for the chase scene.

"Your nose is a bit red," I told Chase as we sat side by side.

"So is yours," he tapped mine and I laughed.

"Why couldn't the show have been called like Miami or Fort Lauderdale? Literally anywhere that's warmer than this," I sighed.

"I agree," Chase nodded. We were summoned back to set and luckily as it got later on in the day the temperature had raised a bit to make the cold a bit more bearable. The first part was easy as all we had to do was run across the beach into the marsh and into the woods. Chase assisted me as I limped after the group. We ran through the trees now and I held onto his shoulders as he gripped tightly around my waist.

"Run! Come on! Come on!" JD yelled.

"We've got to outrun them!" Rudy added.

Everyone shouted for each other to hurry and to go as quickly as possible.

"You're okay. You're okay," Chase told me as we followed slowly behind the group.

We made it to this overgrown patch and Maddie shouted back to us, "Sarah, you good?"

"Yeah. You okay?" He asked as we went.

"Yeah," I nodded between breaths. We halted for the cut as we made it to the creek that we were going to have to swim through. They prepped the cameras across the creek and in a nearby boat. The other team was filming the police going through the forest. Once they were set we continued the scene.