Chapter One: awakening

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Ugh. Stupid alarm. I tried to wave my arm over the small desk beside my bed so I could shut up my alarm.

But my arm was practically numb and so was my whole body. What? Why can't I move?

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Now that I think about. That sound doesn't sound like the usual alarm I have. It's an annoying tone on my iPhone but this one is more subtle and low.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Shit, I have to do something otherwise I might go insane. Gulping-

Why does my throat burn?! What is going on?!

Beep. Beep.

Beep. Beep.

Beep. Beep.

I start to panic and I heard the noise get faster. Was it just me or did this place I am getting brighter? Forcing my eyes to open, fluttering them open. I was blinded by bright white light.

Doors were open with a loud bang and footsteps of running and marching were heard.

"She's waking up!"

"Quickly inform Mr. Nyx!"

"Her father?!"

"No, her bother!"

"Miss? Can you hear me?"

Why is everyone yelling and running around?

"Uuuhhhh." I finally made a noise but my throat burned as if vodka was firing up.

"Quickly get her a glass of water and the Medicine!"

"Dim the lights!"

The light was dimmed and now I can see what's going on. My eyes observed the area I was in.

A hospital? Why am I in a hospital?

"Miss Nyx?" A nurse gently called out. I looked at her and saw the glass of water in one hand with a spoon and medicine in the other.

"I- uuuuggghh." I can barely talk, what the heck.

"Take it slow, Miss." another nurse came by my other side. Both of them carefully helped me sit up. I could move my arm but my hands were jelly like and so were my legs.

They placed another pillow behind my back. The kind nurse helped me drink the water and I immediately felt my throat clear up. Thank god.

Clearing my throat i couple of times then I drank the spoon of medicine which was a little sour but wasn't that bad.

"Wh-what hap-happened?" I choked out of my sour throat. My voice sounded raspy but the nurse understood what I meant.

"You were found unconscious in your house because of the cold. You had hypothermia  and were in a coma for 8 months now."

8 months ... EIGHT MONTHS?!

Why ... why do I feel like I had a whole lifetime to live when I wasn't ... here?