i. ask for the moon

short disclaimer: the 'Moonbeam Festival' is entirely fictional - imagined/fake/only made up by yours truly! please kindly tell me so if this happens to offend any existing culture. :)

moonwashed [ 01 ]

ask for the moon.
to wish for something
impossible.

 Mizuki's wishing tales had begun on an old wishing well when she was young

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

 Mizuki's wishing tales had begun on an old wishing well when she was young. With her eyes closed, her small lips in a smile, she wished, sana hindi ako papasukin kahit isang linggo lang, and the moment she tossed the coin, she tripped over her feet and fell into the well.

 Mizuki, at the age of 8, had broken her pinky finger and was unable to walk for a week . . . which somehow granted her wish of not needing to attend school.

That's when her faith on wishing started.

Na-try niya na halos lahat ng wishing strategies na alam niya: sa coin toss, shooting stars, 11:11s, sa first star ng hapon, four-leaf clovers, kidlat, sa fountain . . . at halos lahat ng mga wish niya, kahit ano man 'yan, natutupad. Medyo wirdo nga lang para sa kaniyang aminin na kaya mayro'n siyang mamahaling sneakers ay dahil nagkataong nakita niya ang 11:11 sa orasan.

Kino-consider na ni Mizuki ang sarili niya bilang isang master wisher, pero ngayon ay nagdadalawang-isip na siya.

Ngayon na lang kasi siya nahirapang humiling nang ganito.

Napabangon si Mizuki saka tumitig sa poster niya ng isang shooting star na nakadikit sa kanyang pader. It was bought by her mother five years back, as her mother was aware about how much she was fascinated by wishing. She was also the one who taught her about wishing on that day on the wishing well where Mizu broke her finger.

Had she known that none of Mizu's wishes would save her.

One of Mizuki's wishes that the universe failed to grant was for her mother to live longer - but she blamed herself partly because she wished for it on a crowded, busy Christmas night at the park. Maybe the gods didn't hear me, she thought. Maybe if I wished on a different night . . .

Napapikit na lang si Mizu sa naalala saka huminga nang malalim. What's happened has happened, and none of her regrets would bring her mom back.

Tumayo na si Mizu saka pumunta sa desk niya. Doon, mayro'n siyang manifesting notebook sa tabi ng isang jar na may lamang four-leaf clover. Umupo siya ro'n saka nilista ang mga gusto niyang mangyari. I have good grades. I have perfect health. Money comes to me naturally, and so on and so forth. When it came down to the last line of her notebook, Mizu bit her lower lip.

Her pen hovered above the paper, but Mizu struggled writing it down. It sounds bad, she thought. She went on like that for a few minutes before she dropped her pen and decided to give it up. Huminga na lang siya nang malalim saka hinawakan ang jar na may lamang four-leaf clover.