"Is the ocean truely that vast?" he changed the subject.
The pirate turned her head towards him studying him for a few seconds, he looked like a child just wanting to learn and understand the world. Had she been like that once? Had she ever been so pure? What had happened to her then. Why was she a hardened, seeming pirate. She liked to tell herself that she was still a good person. But that look in the eyes of a grown man made her realize that maybe she had lost to much to really be honorable with no paranoia that she could be betrayed at any second. And in retaliation be the first to land the blow to the back. Turning away she stared at the stars pulling her mind to the ocean to distract herself as she had so many times before, then she spoke.
"Oh yes. You can sail for months without ever laying eyes on a piece of land, even once. There are waves larger than any house you've ever seen. And it holds monsters. Many, terrifing monsters. But it's so beautiful. Some nights, when the waters are calm and the stars shine bright, they reflect on the soft waves. In German the oceans surface is called Meeresspiegel that means sea-mirror. I think it explains it beautifully. It looks like there are two sky's. Like the world's endless. You think you can go on forever, like there is nothing that could sop you and you can reach everything. Like life itself is endless." she whispered bearly loud enough for Legolas to hear, materializing the sea in her mind. She could never do it justice but it still calmed her.
"It sounds perfect."
A smile found its way onto her lips.
"It is."
No further words were spoken that night. Soon her eyes fell closed and her breath steadied as she drifted of to sleep.

Birds were chirping as e/c eyes opened to the light of a new day. Legolas was already up and walking around. Currently he was holding a small white flower inspecting it closely. Moaning y/n rubbed her dry eyes.
"Nothing." she groaned making the elf turn to her. "Nothing!" she got louder.
"Nothing, I tell you, is worse than waking up sober!" slowly she stood up but remained with her hands on her knees in a bent over position, catching her breath.
"And it happened two days in a row now!" With another groan she stood up further her back bending like the letter c, looking up at the sky. Her joints popped as she stretched and a relieved sigh left her lips. She shook her body from head to toe before looking around.
"Now where's the bag? I need me rum!"
"Rum? What's rum?" Legolas asked the pirate.
Y/n's e/c eyes widened in horror and her mouth fell.
"You've. You've never had rum before?" her voice broke and her eyes seemed to water. Legolas froze flabbergasted by the sudden display of emotion.
"That's horrible!" she cried out.
"Without rum, I-I I'd be dead! Yeah! So many things I would have failed at. Ideas that never could have occurred. Fights that could never have been won! Oh what a dull life I would have lead!" y/n preached arms stretched out and gesturing wildly.
"Sooo. All you have achieved, you have achieved because of... Rum?"
"Have you not listened to my tale? Did you truly think I could have done anything of that sober?"
"Well, I'd imagine that it would be rather hard to fight while drunk. I have seen the folk of man fall ill to it many times. Seeing them stumbling about like newly born fawns."
She rolled her eyes.
"Whatever ye say, love."
Legolas straightened his back and turned to her. A stunned look on his face.
"L-love?"
Y/n gave him a confused stare.
"That's what I said isn't it?"
"You did but. I did not believe that we were this close. And this soon." he added in a whisper that y/n could not hear.
While she had seemingly opened up to him the night before and showed him a vulnerable side of hers. Yet he hadn't thought much into it pushing it of to her being stressed and scared. But she had also gifted him a piece of seaglass. Had he just been blind to her advances? He wasn't sure what  to do in this situation.
A smile of Realisation graced the pirates features and she burst out laughing, toppling over a little.
"You-" she interrupted herself with a fit of giggles.
"You misunderstand my friend. I could never!" Legolas gave her a confused and maybe a little insulted gaze.
"It's an empty word. People always say endearing terms like that without meaning them."
Legolas rolled his eyes and started to ignore the loud and howling woman as he looked around the wide fields instead.
"Dont take it to seriously, love. I'm nothing if not talk."
"It is not an empty word. That is if you don't remove its value by using it so nonchalantly." he said with bite in his tone that made her straighten up.

Y/n smile faded upon noticing how serious he seemed to be.
"Then I apologize. I'll not say it again. Unless of course..."
"Unless what?"
"Who knows a day might come..."
She trailed off and gave gave him a closed eyed smile, the elf was taken aback. The tips of his pointed ears now dusted withe the faintest of bushes.
He averted his gaze to lay on his non living surroundings instead.
Along the horizon Legolas spotted a few dark dots that were quickly getting closer. His eyes widend in realisation. Y/n's did so too, a few seconds later but for a very different reason.
"In the end Noone can resist me charms!" she stated before getting tackled to the ground.

"ORCS!"

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

CLIFFHANGER!!!
hahaha

~1806 words