Chasing Stars (10)

Start from the beginning

All that's left for him is to be seated on the Emperor's throne.

Speaking of the prince, he sent me a letter earlier. Saying that he'd deliver the dress I would be wearing today in secret. The dress was designed by a famous fashion designer, Baroness Livea, and even owned her own boutique.

I've heard of this boutique. It's a famous boutique that high ranking nobles go to whenever they need new dresses.

Father was as always, out. But not outside of the empire, he was called by the emperor to help prepare with the Prince's party. I guess he also called all the remaining Royal Council as well.

And Rachelle excited as ever. It seemed like she was very excited to please the prince that I heard she ordered a extravagant gown, said by the maids.

Her fantasy won't last long when you see me beside the prince later on.

I wondered what the dress would look like. He said that I have to wear Sapphire Forrest on his birthday, so would the dress be a matching blue color? Or something that goes perfectly with blue?

I heard someone knock on the door.

"Milady, Baroness Livea is here with the delivery."

"Let her in."

Libbe opened the door for Baroness Livea to make way. Behind her were two ladies, one who was carrying lots of papers and books, which you could say are sketches and the other one asked a knight for help onto pushing a large box with wheels on it.

(A/N: I'm sorry, I just forgot what you call them. ╥﹏╥)

"Greetings, Lady Andreas."

The Baroness lowered her head as she greets, the ladies behind her followed.

"Greetings Baroness. May I try the dress on?"

"As you wish, milady."

Libbe closed the door to make sure no one other than us sees the design. The two ladies that came with the baroness gently opened the box which contained the dress his highness personal chose for me.

I was in awe when I looked at the wonderful design the dress had. The blue dress where filled with different shades of blue ribbons and ruffles to make it stand out. It looked fluffy but at the same time elegant with it being a backless dress.

"Woah"

I just stared in amusement.

"Do you like it, milady?"

"It's perfect! As always baroness, your designs are lovely as ever."

"I am very flattered, milady. Should we try it on?"

"Please do"

***

It did not take long when the baroness left after making me try the dress. It was very fabulous that I could just stare at it all day long. As expected of the crown prince, he sure has great taste.

"Are you excited for tomorrow's banquet, milady?"

Libbe asked while she was pouring some bathe milk in my bath.

I shrugged.

"Maybe. Maybe it's because of what will be happening tomorrow?"

Libbe raised an eyebrow.

"What exactly will be happening tomorrow other than the Prince's birthday party, milady."

I smirked as I winked at her.

"You'll see Libbe. You'd be so shocked that you won't be able to talk to me casually anymore."

I joked. It made Libbe flinched.

"Milady?"

"I'm just joking. You know I won't let you talk so formally to me. Libbe is my friend."

She smiled as she applied moisturizing lavender on my arms.

"I am very flattered milady. Thank you."

***

"Has anyone here heard of that new rumor circling around the empire?"

"Rumor? I must be under the shadow to not hear of a famous rumor. What is it?"

"Well, there's this rumor that the crown prince has been seeing someone and has been keeping it a secret for a very long time."

"E-eh? The prince? How so?!"

"Well, there were witnesses that a lady made a public visit at the Prince's office a week ago. They say that it was his Highness's secret lover."

"That rumor circulated only around the palace until it got spread around the empire."

"Does anyone know what the lady looks like?"

"Nobody mentioned what the lady looked like."

"Eh? So maybe it's just a rumor spread by workers after all. It's impossible for the serious and stern crown prince to suddenly have a lover."

"But what if it were true? The prince made a public announcement that gets will be making an announcement during his party at the banquet."

"What if his announcement was related to the lady he was seeing? What if he reveals the lady to the empire?"

"Sheesh, that's a hard one. The ladies who have been fondling over him would end up heartbroken or be filled with envy and jealousy."

"What's worse is that they might harm that lady!"

"But how could someone harm a soon to be crown princess?"

"Of course! Who would be stupid enough to harm someone that will be entering the Imperial Family, isn't that right, Lady Rachelle?"

...

Rachelle casually sipped her tea as she listened to the noble ladies talk.

"Of course! That would be like committing an indirect suicide after all."

"Lady Rachelle is right. What a fool would that person would be."

"But others won't still be happy because of it. Others would tend to accept it while others will find it difficult."

"I know right? Let's just hope that a rumor stays and continues to be a rumor."

Rachelle just smiled and listened to he ladies talk quietly. The subject of their chitchats is not something she is liking.

'These ladies know that I am in love with the prince and yet thy have the nerve to indirectly mock me. How imbecile...!'

However, she knew that she had to maintain a calm character as a daughter of the Marquis Andreas.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ A/N ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Sorry for their seemed to be rush chapter. I just got brain stuck and didn't know what to write for their context. I know I'm still lacking but I'm trying to improve everything I can to make this book a better one. I still hope that you at least understand the story even though I lack explanation  ╥﹏╥.