"I am paying attention, Mom," Gwen sighed. "You know Tank likes to be scratched."

"What are you going to wear?" Mary asked.

"We're going to an Indian restaurant that's open twenty-four hours. I don't think it really matters what I wear. So, I guess I'll wear jeans and a t-shirt," Gwen replied; she smirked knowing it would bother her ever so prim and proper mother.

Mary rolled her eyes. "Gwenevere, why don't you wear something nice?" she stated. "You want to impress this Spencer guy don't you?"

"Mom," Gwen groaned as she pushed herself off the floor. "I don't need to impress Spencer. It's just dinner." She walked to the kitchen to wash her hands.

"What's he like?" Mary asked.

"Please stop asking questions," Gwen sighed. "You make it sound like I'm in high school again. What next? Is Daddy going to come over with his gun?" she joked as she shook the water off her hands.

"Don't be absurd. I don't need your father chasing off the only guy you've actually been interested in," Mary laughed jovially. "It's been two years since you dated Takuya from the orchestra."

_____________________

Spencer walked towards EspressoShot! lost in his thoughts. He wondered what would happen tonight when he went out with Gwen. It was dinner with someone who was reasonably intelligent. That wasn't all too unusual, but Gwen wasn't a member of his team, which certainly was unusual.

He would be lying if he denied the existence of any feelings for Gwen. He just couldn't figure out what those feelings were. He was hoping to put those questions to rest tonight.

Reid felt his heart speed up when he saw Gwen standing in front of the coffee shop. She was wearing tan work books with khaki colored shorts and a white t-shirt. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail, but there were a few loose strands from her bangs.

Gwen grinned when she saw Spencer. She took a deep breath to calm her heart down. She looked at the watch on her wrist. "Right on time, Spencer," she spoke. She stuck her hands in her back pockets. "So, how do we get to this Indian place?"

"Metro," Spencer answered with a sheepish smile. "It drops off right in front of the restaurant."

Gwen nodded as she clapped her hands together. She walked closer to Spencer as she tucked one of the loose strands of her slightly curly brown hair behind her ear. "You'll lead the way then?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah, yeah," Reid smiled as he nodded. The two of them started walking towards the subway entrance. "What's your favorite Indian dish?"

"Tandoori chicken. It's classic, but it's unbelievably delicious," Gwen moaned slightly at the thought of what she would be eating. She glanced at her dinner companion. "What about you?"

"Same actually," Reid said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "This place we're going to has the best Tandoori Chicken dish I've ever had."

"If you keep talking it up, I might actually start to drool like Pavlov's dog," Gwen laughed. "Just the thought of eating Tandoori chicken makes me feel so happy. How has the day been treating you?"