Chapter Twenty-four

Start from the beginning

She had mentioned he had a severe fear of being alone, and yet, there have to be hundreds, perhaps even thousands of people here today, so why had he still been worried about me not being around?

I can almost hear Chelsea laugh at me, her tone cruel and mocking, "Because you're his special toy, don't you get it?"

I frown. Why should I show him I care? He was married anyway. "You're right. Sorry."

This clearly surprises him, as if he didn't just expect me to put up a fight, he wanted me to.

"We should go, before someone thinks something is happening between us." I stare at him directly, and I watch his jaw clench. 

I'm being petty, and we both know it. I was pretending as if it's entirely his fault he kissed me last night, that I was definitely not the homosexual, he was.

Let him stew on that.

His voice is no hotter than ice. "You're right. I wouldn't want them thinking I'd lower my standards for someone like you anyway."

"Exactly. You have Chelsea, and she adores you doesn't she?"

I'm being a bitch. I'm rubbing salt in his wounds, and I know it. Funny how bold one gets after being assaulted.

The truth was, I would gladly make out with him right here. In fact, if he asked me to, I would have stepped on stage in front of the crowd and cameras, and kissed him then. I don't care what the people think.

Well, maybe I do care about my parents, but they'd forgive me once they find out how rich Virtus really is.

"Besides," I continue because at this point I'm angry, my body still feels shaken from my encounter with Alan, and I just want to go to sleep, "I'm nothing but your dog anyway."

Something seemed to click, as if he just figured something out, the anger in his eyes seemed to lighten a fraction, "What the fuck happened to you? Something happened."

Oops. "Nothing happened."

"There's no reason your tie should have come off."

"I took it off."

"You just told me it fell off."

"I took it off and it fell off."

"Did someone touch you?"

If he didn't shut up right now, I was going to cry again. I could already feel the panic reminding me of the horrific moment I just endured, "No."

His eyes narrowed, "You're lying." He's saying it like he's accusing me, to which he'd be right.

"Virtus, please, this is ridiculous." I try to walk away but he grabs my arm, pulling me back behind the statue.

Both his hands were holding my arms, his face inches from mine, nothing but determination on his face, "Who touched you, Uri?"

Done with this, I grab his shirt in fists, and say, "Enough." I shove him away as hard as I could, and because he's a lot stronger than me, he doesn't fall, back, in fact, he barely staggers. 

Still, it was enough to get my point across. 

He said nothing, but I know he was thinking about it. He was a professional at holding a grudge, and though he didn't know who violated me, I was certain he wasn't going to stop until he found out just who touched his toy.

Stupid man.

We return to the reception area, as all sorts of people of all sorts of nationalities congratulated Virtus and Chelsea, who was wearing a completely different dress now, on their marriage.