Chapter 35 - Maxon

Start from the beginning

"I know that dumbass." I roll my eyes. "I just thought you meant in like thirty minutes or so. People don't usually say 'I'll be there soon' and enter through the door a second later."

He shrugs. "You know I like being spontaneous. Keeps people on their toes. You should see the employees at work."

I shake my head. "I can imagine. They must be glancing over their shoulders every few seconds." I walk up to him, giving him a hug and pat on the back. "Good to see you, Linc."

"You too Max." He says as he takes in the tray full of sandwiches. "Seriously, man? you're eating these all by yourself? Offer me one at least." He reaches for one and takes a bite. I look over his shoulder, worried Madison will come out any moment. I know for a fact she doesn't have any clothes other than the ones she brought yesterday. Shit. I don't want Lincoln to see her in just my shirt. He'll automatically hit on her. He's just as bad with women as Luke. "Shit Maxon, don't tell me you made these? Where's the woman?" He chuckles. I never told him I was here to see Madison. Just said I was also in town and needed a place to stay for the rest of the month. "Oh, that's right. That Natasha bitch was your—"

"Maxon?" Madison calls out, coming out at that moment and if my shoulders were stiff I feel them even tense even more now. My beautiful girl is wearing nothing else but my shirt. Lincoln turns at the same time Madison comes to a halt, taking him in. I run up to her, hiding her behind me.

Lincoln is so shocked he drops his sandwich onto the marble counter.

He stares at me then tries peeking at Madison but I continue to stand in front of her, not allowing him to see her in nothing but my shirt.

"Maxon," Madison tries moving past me but I hold her back.
"Hello," Lincoln greets Madison, sounding unsure as to how to proceed, "I'm Lincoln. A friend of Maxon's."

"Hi." Madison says quietly and I sense her peeking around me, "I'm—"

"This is Madison. My girlfriend." I cut in before she can say anything because Lincoln will question her. He's very...blunt.

Lincoln's eyes round like an owl's it's a wonder he doesn't hoot.

"It's nice to meet you, Madison. Even though Maxon won't allow me to properly introduce myself." He glares at me then and I glare right back.

"She's not ready so turn the fuck around." When he makes no move to do so, I make a rounding gesture with my finger.

"Shit." Lincoln scoffs. "Not like I haven't seen a girl naked before" He turns around, shutting up.

I sigh, turning back to stare at my beautiful girl. Out of all days. "Baby, do you mind wearing my shorts? I know you didn't bring any clothes with you but—"

She nods, thankfully agreeing with me. "I'll wear my dress from yesterday."

"Madison, I want you to be comfortable. You don't—"

But she runs out before I can say anything more. Lincoln lets out a muffled laugh. "Trying to tell a girl how to dress I see."

"Shut up, man. You'll understand when you find yourself a woman to love one day. You won't want anyone seeing her naked but you."

He scoffs. "Right. Like that will ever happen." He snorts at the thought. "Well, I'm happy for you. She must be a good girl. Better than Natbitch for sure."

He picks up his sandwich and takes another bite. "Anyone's better than her at this point."

I grab his shirt, growling. "What the fuck did you just say? Don't imply that Madison's a nobody. She means everything to me and if you offend or hurt her in any way I will fuck you up. You got me?"