"I'm sorry, Tori," Jade whispered in reply, rubbing Tori's back in a vain attempt at comfort, "I wish I could, but I can't."

Squeezing her eyes shut again, Tori let out another groan muffled against Jade's body. "I can't believe this! It's like my life here is over before it even starts!"

Jade raised an eyebrow at that remark, "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, I haven't even recorded one song yet, and now I wouldn't be surprised if practically all of Neutronium Records, Miami, and probably the world, knows me as "Tori Vega: Lesbian" before I ever do!"

"...What's wrong with that?" Jade's brows furrowed, now looking upset, "You're telling me being gay is something to be ashamed of?!"

"W-what? No! That's not what I'm saying!" Tori backed up on the bed, shocked to see Jade so angry at her for the first time since they were together. "I just wish I could have told people myself before this did!"

"So what?!" Jade snapped back, "So someone recorded us singing because they probably liked how we sang! So someone thought we were girlfriends because we looked like a couple! So some people hate the idea of girls liking each other so much that they tell total strangers online how much they hate it! So freaking what?! You are easily worth ten of those idiots, Tori, and don't you ever forget that!"

Jade didn't wait for a reply to continue her rant, "You know why I don't care who hates that we're a couple; why I could give two shrimps about some dumbass comments calling us 'dykes'? It's the reason I spent two hours memorizing a cheesy 80s pop song I used to hate hearing in the mall; the same reason I left my childhood home behind and moved across the damn country; and the reason I drove you home from Karaoke Dokie that night." Making her point known, she grabbed Tori by the shoulders and held back tears forming in her eyes as best as she could.

"I love you, Tori Vega, and I don't care what anyone else thinks...no one except you."

Much like hearing her first name, Tori had heard Jade say she loved her before, but this time felt so different—so full of passion, assurance, love—that she didn't know how to respond.

"We both knew when we decided to move here that we'd be dealing with a lot—and we have in just this past week. This is just another hurdle for us to jump together. I am still with you...ride or die, remember?" Jade attempts a smile through her tears, then leans in to kiss her, but the gap between them is already closed by Tori initiating it first.

Shutting her eyes, Jade wrapped her arms around Tori to hold her close, but a sudden shift in weight made her gasp as she fell back on the bed with Tori on top of her. Their kiss continued for several seconds, with Tori's hands starting to travel further down Jade's arms, but Jade cut the moment short with a gentle push on Tori's shoulders. The latter opened her eyes with a gasp, "W-What? Was that too much?"

Jade shook her head, smiling through her now blushing face, "No, it was...it was perfect. It's just...remember my mom and Piper; sitting just outside in the living room?"

Her eyes wide open now, Tori quickly climbed off of Jade and sat back up, hoping the door wouldn't open on them mid-shenanigan. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I completely..."

"Don't be!" Jade laughed and held Tori close as she got up as well, "I'm just glad to have my girlfriend back~" She gives Tori a tender kiss before pulling them both to their feet. "Now come on, we still have breakfast to eat, remember?"

Tori blinked, "But...what are we gonna do about...?" She was stopped by a finger pressed against her lips by Jade.

"That's a tomorrow problem. Right now, I'm starving because we have talked and literally eaten nothing all day!" Jade then marched toward the door, almost dragging Tori with her to the living room.