Fifth Year Chapter V - Defence Against the Dark Arts

Before the first lesson of Defence Against the Dark Arts of the year, Laura was savouring her toast. She would need that memory to recall to if this professor was as rotten as Lockart. Another year with an incapable professor would be too much.

"Can you believe it? They still haven't found him." complained Morgan. "They're all incapable."

"Sirius Black?" asked Adam.

"Who else?" they replied, irritated.

"He will be found, there are countless of Dementors and Aurors looking for him everywhere." said Cedric.

"Well, it's not enough."

"You do it, then." said Louis. Morgan cast him a menacing look which he poked his tongue out to.

The toast. This toast, though Laura, slowly eating it, letting all the taste invade her. She deliberately ignored the Daily Prophet that was cast away by Morgan, not wanting to look at Black's face for the hundredth of time.

The students settled in the classroom, waiting for their teacher to arrive. Louis sat next to Laura and leaned close to her.

"You know the Wealsey twins. You're friend with them. Tell me how to get near Fred."

"Er- Jeez, you're already on the battle field with your crush?"

"I don't have time to spare. I take action." his confidence radiating from him. Laura just looked at him with lost eyes and her mouth slightly open when the teacher arrived in the class and presented himself. Professor Lupin.

Louis leaned into Laura and whispered, "Never mind, that's my new crush!" His eyes were glowing and he was smirking. Laura looked back at the teacher, searching for what was that much attractive. Then, the professor started giving his lesson, and Laura understood. He was charming. She found herself very interested in the lesson, more than Louis who didn't took any notes but looked at Lupin with seductive eyes.

"Louis, stop it. It's indecent..." teased Laura.

"I'm in love." replied Louis, not taking his eyes off the professor.

"You'll be legally allowed to be in three years."

Peggy turned to face them, "Maybe he's not even gay."

"Oh no, he is." assured Louis.

"How can you be so sure?" asked Peggy.

Laura mouthed 'gaydar' to her friend.