The Rescue...sort of

Natasha was already there when Clint entered the training room. He sat down next to her, but she seemed distracted.

"Hey," he tried. She looked at him for a moment, before replying.

"Hey."

Clint looked around the training room, to make sure they were alone, before continuing.

"I wanted to say, I'm sorry about what happened. You know it wasn't my choice."

She nodded, and then stood up.
"I'm fine. I'm a little worried about Steve, but he's trustworthy. He won't betray us. He'd rather die."

Clint looked relieved that he didn't have to cheer her up, and he stood up as well. He pulled her into a hug.

"Okay, then."

Just then, Tony walked into the studio.

"Alright, lovebirds, wrap it up," he snapped his fingers. Natasha pulled away and turned around, glaring at Tony, just as Thor and Bruce walked in.

She crossed the room quickly, heading for the desk, and pulled out a yellow folder with a large A on it. She flipped through a few papers, and found what she needed. She pulled out a sheet and handed it to Clint.

"This is Steve's file," she said. "It will tell us his strengths, weaknesses, ways he can fight. We can figure out how to relay him a message, maybe send in a fake Hydra agent, or something. Follow me so far?"

Everyone nodded.

"Thor, can you go call Sam? We need him if we're going to bail Steve out," Bruce spoke up. "His drones can spy where we can't."

Thor nodded and exited to go find him.
When he returned, Sam was at his heel.

"Hey, guys," he waved. "I heard you're in need of a RedWing."

Natasha nodded.
"We're flying out tonight, you, me, Clint, and Bruce," she said. "We're setting up a watch so we can spy on them until the others show up."

"And we can decide from there how to rescue Steve," Clint added.

Sam nodded.

"Sam, grab all of your drones and wings and things," Bruce said. "We need all the backup we can get."

——

Nine hours later, Natasha stepped out onto the runway and grabbed a headset. She jogged towards the Quinjet, where Clint and Bruce were waiting.

Clint nodded to her headset.
"Are you flying, or am I?"

"You can if you want," she said, following him into the Quinjet.

Clint sat down in the pilot's chair, flipping a couple of switches.

"Where's Sam?"

Nat shrugged, and sat down in the co-pilots chair.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him since this morning," she turned to Bruce.

"I haven't either."

Just then, Sam crashed through the door.

"Sorry I'm late, I was finishing up a project with Tony and, uh, we got sidetracked."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

"Alright, Clint, let's blow this popsicle stand!"
Clint revved the engine, and they took off.

——

Clint landed the jet in the woods, near the spot they'd landed before. Sam pulled out his wings, and put them on, and Clint grabbed his bow and quiver. He pulled on his glove, and opened the plank.