Chapter 24: Making allies

Start from the beginning

"So we're going back to Yavin?" he asked eagerly.

"You know, if you prefer to stay closer to Lothal, I could use you leading our forces with the rest of the fleet." his sister offered.

Ezra shook his head. "No way. Whatever happens, we face it together, remember?" he said with a candid smile and patting his sister's arm.

The young woman smirked and leaned against the holotable.

"Honestly, I would have preferred if Hera stayed around here. You know, with her pregnancy and all." she commented.

"We already knew it would've been impossible to keep her away from us." Ezra said.

"I know, but she is almost at the end of the first trimester. At the very least, I have to convince her to take a break from flying into combat missions."

"I guess she would accept such compromise."

Right now, Hera was following the Constantinople aboard the Ghost with Zeb, Kallus, Rex and Chopper, while Raze, Sabine and Moreena were flying on the Silver Bullet. The latter had been officially integrated as part of the Specters, given her friendship with the siblings, though she didn't take up a codename, since she already belonged to the 'Fulcrum' agents.

Jaral waited a few seconds before detaching form the holotable and turning toward her brother.

"Ezra, there's something I'd like to ask you." she said with a serious tone.

"Anything." Ezra replied.

"What do you think if I made you a General as well?"

Somehow, Ezra knew she was going to ask that, he could feel it, but the question still made him uncomfortable.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for it, Jari." he replied.

"Nonsense. The operation on Pammant was 90% your idea, and I saw you leading our units both during the battles for Lothal and here on Mon Cala. You have everything that a good General needs, Ezra, and the soldiers really like you." Jaral said sternly.

At the same time, she was also trying to encourage him through the bond, much like he did when she was offered the position of Grand Marshall and wasn't sure if she wanted to accept or not.

Ezra was trying to resist internally, but eventually, his sister's resolve was way stronger on this issue, so he sighed.

"If you're so adamant, then I will take it." he declared.

Jaral relaxed her shoulders and made a triumphant smirk. Then she assumed an exaggerated posture like she was doing some grand ceremony.

"Then, by the authority invested me by the Alliance to Restore the Republic..." she said with a ceremonious voice that had Ezra roll his eyes playfully. "...Ezra Bridger, I name you General of the Rebellion." and she concluded with a salute which was accompanied by a genuinely proud smile.

" and she concluded with a salute which was accompanied by a genuinely proud smile