Chapter 2 : Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Dhruv! Dhruv yahan aao!" Alya shouted excitedly. Dhruv came running, visibly worried.

"Kya hua?! Did you burn anything again? Did you cut yourself? Burn lag gaya?" Dhruv checked her frantically.

Alya broke into laughter as Dhruv looked crazy in worry.

"I am okay baby. I just got excited because of Milan. My tickets have been booked and I have a visa appointment next week." Alya said.

"Oh! That's great!" Dhruv pecked her lips. Alya smiled widely and looked at her phone.

From his peripheral vision, Dhruv saw Adah peeking at them sadly. But all he could do was sigh.

-----

Their moods were remarkably better the next day, as Manik found himself humming a recent romantic song while getting ready.

Madiha came running inside and clutched his leg, which meant he had to lift her in his arms.

"Yes princess?" Manik asked.

"Tikki went to shool. I wanna go to shool!" Madiha whined.

"There is time for that baby." Manik said, walking to the living room, where Nandini was having breakfast.

"Your daughter wants to go to school." Manik said.

"Abhi bol rahi hai. Jab time aayega tab jaane ka mann nahi karega isse. I know you too well baby." Nandini said.

"Very true. Besides Dadda doesn't want his beautiful princess to grow up." Manik said, cuddling with his daughter.

Madiha wrapped her arms around his neck too, making Nandini go aww over the two.

"Manik, I will be going to the farmhouse in the afternoon to arrange for the surprise." Nandini said, as she got up with the plates.

"Ooh, saucy." Manik said, pinching her ass.

Nandini laughed and went to the kitchen, followed by her love-sick husband who placed his daughter on the floor.

"The fact that we don't have to use condoms anymore is just lovely." Manik said, back-hugging Nandini.

"Manik..." Nandini blushed, biting her lip.

"What? Abhi kyun sharma rahi ho? Itne saal se we have been making love...ab bhi sharmati ho pehle jaise." Manik kissed her cheek.

"Aur tum abhi bhi one track mind ho. Manik, you are running late for your meeting!" Nandini pushed him away playfully.

"Aur tum ab bhi mere romantic mood ko spoil karti ho. Treasure these moments Mrs. Malhotra." Manik said playfully but Nandini took it seriously. She smiled at him as he left the kitchen, after which, her smile faded.

The words 'Treasure these moments Mrs. Malhotra' kept ringing in her head.

-----

Nandini and Manik dropped Naitik and Madiha off at Murthy's.

"Mumma, Papa I'll miss you." Naitik said, hugging both of them.

"Miss you too buddy! Eat on time and don't trouble Nani and Nanu. Take care of yourself and Dia. Princess give Dadda a kiss." Manik called her.

"Dadda!" Manik showered his baby girl with kisses and hugged both of them together.

"Love you two." Manik said.

"Luvvuuu!" Madiha said cutely.

"Love you too Papa." Naitik said.

Nandini bent down and hugged both of them, trying to control her tears.