Chapter 8

You are laying in bed, the cosy blankets covering you and keeping your body warm. You think back to what happened this evening. Venti seemed really confused or something- I mean, he was drunk, but he was saying all these things that made your heart flutter when you think back to them. You cant perfectly remember everything, but you recall him saying something you don't quite believe- He told you he loved you... That you mean so much to him-

You just don't understand how that could be possible, he is a literal god and you are this random human whose most important character trait is that they jumped off a cliff without knowing how to glide... He was probably just too drunk to think and he isn't in love with you- You hit your pillow in anger. "Why is everything so confusing!!?"

You stare at the ceiling in silence. You kinda wish he is in love with you- Like, he is quite cute... Maybe very very cute... He is funny, sweet, basically perfect. Aside from his drinking problem- tho you have to admit it's kinda funny. You turn on your side and pull the covers over your shoulders.

After thinking for a little while you almost doze off, but get surprised by the feeling of weight hitting your matres. Somebody lifts the covers and lies down beside you, hugging you from behind. Your eyes widen and you immediately realise it's Venti. You feel his warm breath on your back and don't dare to move- A small grunt escapes his mouth. "Y/n... My head hurts-" he whines. You try to regulate your breathing as you feel butterflies in your stomach. "Maybe you shouldn't have drunk that much." You say trying to sound calm. The boy snuggles closer, making your face heat up even more. "Is this okay?" He asks shyly. You put your hand on his hand and get comfy. "Yes." You confess quietly. Venti lets out a relieved sigh. "I'm glad. I wouldn't want you to feel uncomfortable would I~" he cutely whispers.

You don't dare to say a word, scared to ruin the moment, until Venti breaks the silence. "Do you love me back?"

You spin around so you can face him, and look him straight in his eyes. "I really really do. I mean- look at us. If I didn't love you I would probably not have accepted your cuddles." You chuckle. Venti smiles and boops your nose. "You're so cute-"

You blush and hide your face in his chest. You let out a muffled "You are cuter-" Venti brushes your hair behind your ear and gives a kiss on your forehead. "I love you so much y/n-" His voice sounds fragile, like he is scared to say his thoughts out loud. "We will make this relationship work, even tho I'm an archon- nothing can separate us now-" He pulls you closer. You realise this will be hard. The stories say archons aren't supposed to date mortals. it just doesn't work- You hug the bard tight, cherishing every second of this precious moment. Tired from the events that took place today you fall asleep in Venti's arms.