Chapter 4

"You're lucky indeed."Kenley said as Aurora came back from speaking with Tegan and Sorgo. She looked at the werewolf in confusion, tilting her large head. "Why?" Kenley laughed, like she expected Aurora to know what she meant."You get to hang out with the cute guys! Like Tegan and Sorgo. Belven too." Aurora chuckled."I didn't find them, they found me. Tegan posed as a new student in my old school, Sorgo sneaked his way into the room I was changing in. And Belven was there to approve of my application for NorthWind."She explained. "Sorgo really makes me feel like I don't have a tail to help me balance. His cute scraggy hair, his wonderful emerald green eyes. And his adorable Irish accent!"Kenley squealed. Sorgo passed by and flashed a white smile at them both. But his eyes mostly focused on Aurora. Kenley squealed again and fainted. The she wolf smiled and padded over to Belven."Are you sure Sorgo imprinted on me?"She asked. He nodded quickly."It is kind of like a love imprint. When a male imprints on a female of a different species such as you and Sorgo, it's more of a love imprint than a protective imprint." Aurora staggered as she tried to get closer to Belven."So what you are saying is he already loves me?"She asked, stuttering. Belven's face turned red and he ran his fingers through his hair as he nodded slowly."When he met you, he felt a special spark." She gritted her teeth and looked at her paws."That happened to me when I met Tegan. And Calvin at first but water just cooled that one down a bit. I got that spark with all of you."She said quietly. His face turned redder. "Well then, it's almost time to go to our last class. Go get ready."He said in a shaky voice. He seemed startled by this conversation. After all who wouldn't. "Sorgo would most fit for you. You two are the same age. I'm four years older than you. But who knows? That remains unknown until the end of the year." He added."What do you mean Belven?"She asked. Aurora seemed wary when he said it would remain unknown. He said those words with the little hope he had left."At the end of the school year, the even numbered Layers get tested on perfect matches. The result is based on how you both feel towards each other."He explained. So me and Tegan, she thought. No, never."Right now I could infer so far that you and Sorgo would be perfect." She scoffed a little."Oren would say otherwise. He would be like,'You deserve better than that rebellious little runt! Why not Tegan?' After all, his best friend's son found me in the first place."She argued. Aurora flicked her tail and nudged Kenley. Every girl who trotted past Sorgo would brush their tails under his chin, wolf way of flirting. He wasn't exactly fazed. He looked at Aurora. She chuckled and licked his cheek again."I'm not like everyone else Sorgo."She howled as she entered the locker room. He giggled and went to the boy's locker room.

"I'm surprised he doesn't mind you kissing him like that."Kenley said. Aurora blushed."That's because he love imprinted on me." Kenley's jaw dropped. Chatter paused in the locker room. She chuckled nervously. They shifted back and put on their uniforms. The bell rang. Everyone dashed out of the locker room."I've got Chemistry next."Kenley said. Sorgo ran over, staring at Aurora's schedule."You've got Chemistry too? Awesome!"He said. Norin chuckled."A good looking werewolf like Sorgo here better watch out for Chemistry. Missus Haven develops crushes on her students, just like Mister Toredor. Watch out for werewolf teachers, I'm afraid they'll get you Sorgo." Aurora laughed."How do you know so much about these teachers?" He flashed a cocky smile."I failed a few times. So I kind of have a good idea on every teacher's personalities. Now go you silly children, go." Sorgo narrowed his eyes."Remember when I said awesome? Yeah, let's just direct that to you being in the same class as me again." Kenley and Aurora burst out laughing. Sorgo smiled and ran his fingers through his scraggy hair."We're here. The classroom of doom."He joked. They laughed again, walking into the classroom. Kenley tried to sit next to Sorgo but he almost never noticed her and sat by Aurora again."Hello class! I'm going to call roll now. If you are extremely quiet, you will all go home with a good tasting human cupcake!"The teacher said. She began calling out names.Are human cupcakes often eaten here? Sorgo jumped a bit at the message, enough for Missus Haven to not take notice. He nodded.Do you get it from the merchant? Kelden told me that werewolves hunt to trade with the merchant. He nodded quickly. "Aurora Karrier."Aurora raised her hand."Ahh, the hybrid."Missus Haven said, a slight hiss to it. She cast a glance at her roll, her golden eyes searching the room."Sorgo Lavlven." Sorgo raised his hand slightly, embarrassed by his last name. Missus Haven's cheeks flushed. Sorgo slapped his forehead and groaned."Looks like she has a crush on you!"Aurora teased. Sorgo glared at her and laid his head on the desk. She giggled and hugged his slouched form."It's ok. I'll protect you! Even if it makes her hate me." Sorgo smiled a little. Missus Haven growled a little then took out tubes. She set them on every desk. Sorgo slipped it into the little hole that held the tubes. "Two liquids lay in beakers in front of you. One contains nitrodide and the other has coldreden. Read the instructions, then conduct the experiment. You will know you have done it correctly when the solution turns a deep magenta."