"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Jimin mumbles, eyes not leaving the game's screen.

"It's fine. I'm more worried about you." Yeji bites on her lip before continuing, "Uh, I have a suggestion—"

"Are you okay with going out with me?" the blunt words from Jimin sent Yeji's mind into haywire.

"W-what?" Yeji turns to look at the raven-haired and their eyes meet. The stoic expression on Jimin's face sent a shiver down her nerves.

"You're not complaining earlier." Jimin was first to break eye contact, returning to her game.

"C-cause I have an idea..."

"And that is?"

"We can date just until you meet your mother." Yeji spills, and Jimin thinks it's not a bad idea at all. In fact, she already thought of that. But,

"It's not just that." What about Minjeong? Jimin thinks. She knows there's really nothing going on between them but she don't want to lose the blonde's company. There's no assurance in whatever relationship they have right now, but she'd rather hold on to the little hope she has than to completely let it go.

"It's our only choice for now." Yeji further explains.

Jimin breathes, and then she speaks, "You don't understand, I have feelings for someone else."

"So am I."

-

"I arranged a date for you and Yeji today, get dressed and pick her up with a car." his father speaks outside of Jimin's room. Before she could even protest, she hears his footsteps already walking away. The young heir could only sigh her frustrations out.

She lays atop of her bed and thinks to herself. So am I. Yeji's words kept going around inside her head. The words struck Jimin into her senses at that time and somehow, she understood that she's not the only one who has to put up with his father's proposal—Yeji too.

So the same night, she accepted the brunette's plan.

Just until I meet mom.

Just until I set my foot in New York.

-

It was past eleven when Jimin arrived at Yeji's place, a little late than she expected since she don't drive cars that often, but it's still fine since she made it by lunch time.

She rings the doorbell and waits outside until she heard faint footsteps approaching the front door.

"You came." A young brunette greets her.

"I have no choice." Jimin responds nonchalantly, looking at everywhere but Yeji.

"I figured." Yeji could only smile out of politeness before she opens the door wider, making way for the visitor. "Come in for a second, I'm almost done and we can go."

"We're not eating lunch here? Where are we going then?" Jimin questions before taking a step inside, following the brunette to her room.

"To the mall, there's a restaurant I want to try." Yeji murmurs as she applies her lip balm.

Jimin looked at her through the mirror with baffled eyes. "Are you sure this is alright with your girlfriend?"

The question made Yeji look back at her with twitched eyebrows. "Girlfriend?"

"You said we're in the same situation."

It took Yeji a few seconds before she caught up with what the raven-haired is talking about. "Ah," she exclaims, "She's not my girlfriend yet but the feelings are mutual." she explains.