"What's in it for me?"

"Being my best friend!"

"..Usually I would say no, but I'm in no mood to argue so fine." He agrees.

"Thank you, Ed!! Or thanks bestie! Goodnight." I say and hang up as he was about to shout at me.

Phew.

I can't even ring Jeremiah in cases the lines get traced back. Also I just kissed him! I need to think about that for a minute! I fall asleep.

The next day I wake up and see what's on tv. I go on to the news. It says, 'Jeremiah Valeska has been spotted in Gotham and is getting supplies as we speak.'

How tf did he do that so quickly?

"Y/n! Did you see the news?" Bruce rushes into my room.

"Yeah. I mean yeah!! I can't believe he's in Gotham! Why is he here??" I ask.

"I don't know, but it's not safe here, we need to leave." He says.

How will Jeremiah know where to find me?

"No! I.. uh it's fine! I want to stay here." I say.

"What? Why?"

"Because I grew up here. My friends are here. How are you even planning to get out."

"They'll be here when you get back. Come on start packing." He says.

"Bruce how are you getting out?"

"We aren't, I just know somewhere that you'll be safe."

"Where?" I ask.

"Barbara."

"She doesn't want me. And it doesn't matter because I'm staying here!" I say, sitting back down.

"Fine Y/n." He says, slamming my door. I sigh.

Then the news turns on again. Jeremiah is outside of the station.

I get my coat and go down to the station. I go around the back so nobody can see me.

"Hold your fire." Jim says.

"Yes do Please because you'll want to listen to what I have to say! Okay, so I want a truce." Jeremiah says. Everyone stares blankly at him.

Will they even give him a chance?

"Are you kidding? You put this entire city in danger, you put me, Bruce, all of the gcpd in danger, kill-"

"Yeah I know! I want to..try and be a better person." Jeremiah sighs.

The police just continue staring at him.

"What? Why?"

"Not important. Do you accept?"

"No, now tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now." Jim says.

God Jim please listen.

"You shouldn't kill me because I have what you need." Jeremiah says and gets some people to bring in crates. They open them and there's some with food, some with clean water, some with guns and some with medicine. Exactly what people need. And there's a lot of it too.

"Where did you get this?" Jim asks.

"Doesn't matter, I know a guy. So, accept or deny?"

"..Whah happened if we accept?"

"You get the stuff, you dumb or something? Also I wanted to let you know I stopped killing so have no fear!" Jeremiah replies.

"Fine, we accept. Put down your gun." Jim says.

"Brilliant! Also I need a phone book." Jeremiah says, grabbing one and leaving the supplies to the police.

It all went great!! I see Jeremiah. I want to rush over and kiss him but of course we are in public so I can't.

I'll just wait until tonight.

I arrive back home. I get a phone call.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Y/n! Oh it went so smoothly! So how ab-" Jeremiah says.

"Jeremiah! You can't ring me, what if they trace the number?" I ask.

"Yeah we already did." Jim says.

SHIT!

I hang up immediately. Oh fuck!!

About 5 minutes later the police arrive outside.

Well what now?!