"Yes, come in please." I called out wiping my tears only to see Adish and Ahaan coming in.

"Inaaya we heard about what happened yesterday. Are you doing alright? What happened?" Both of them showered me with questions as I sat up and looked at them.

"Hey, you guys. I am alright, don't worry so much. It was just an anxiety attack." I said smiling at them a little. 

"We heard it all Inaaya, but an anxiety attack? Really? You are not someone who would randomly have an anxiety attack because there were so many people at the gala." Adish said with his brows furrowed. 

I did not really know what to say to Adish. I felt like a deer caught in a headlight under their suspicious gaze.

"We were worried about you Inaayie. Even Aryan. He was distracted the whole day!" Ahaan said breaking the silence while looking at me with eyes filled with concern.

Hearing Aryan's name made my heart tingle a little bit.

He didn't call me for the whole day, not even once. Not that I expected him to, considering how busy he is. On top of that, he is my boss and I am just a mere secretary. But if he was so worried, he could have at least texted me something.I shook my head at that stupid thought.

Stupid Inaayie!

"Hello? Earth to Inaayie." Ahaan said waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh, what?" I asked startled, and just then my eyes fell on the person standing behind them near the doorway.

He was standing there looking at me with those charming hazel-brown eyes. His hair was disheveled as if he was running his hand through them all day. His tie was loosened up a little bit with the first two buttons of his white shirt unbuttoned giving a small peek of his toned chest. He had his suit jacket draped on his arm as he just stood there looking at me silently.

"Aryan?" his name rolled out of my tongue as I stood up making Adish and Ahaan turn around.

"Aryan. We were just telling Inaayie how worried you were about her." Ahaan said walking up to his friend.

Aryan chose not to respond, he just kept on looking at me making me look down. I felt like the little kid who got caught eating the candy. 

"Ahaan, I think we should let these two talk alone now. Let's go wait downstairs." Adish said as he dragged Ahaan out of the room leaving Aryan and me alone.

The tension was thick in the air as I stood there staring at the floor, too nervous to meet his scrutinizing gaze. It felt like almost an eternity.  

 "So Ms. Malik, how are you feeling now?" Aryan spoke.

 The formality in his voice made me look up at him. The formalness was exceptionally evident in his voice. 

It's not like he didn't call me by my last name before, but this feels different. His voice is so cold, just like it was when he told me I have the day off today this morning.

 "I- I'm alright Mr. Khan." I told him not knowing what else to say. 

Is he angry at me?

I thought to myself. He was behaving very skeptical.

I heard him let out an angry sigh as he looked at me with fierce eyes and with two long steps he closed the gap between us. We were standing so close to each other with him towering over the petite frame of mine, that I could literally hear his heartbeat. Or was it my heart that was beating so rapidly that it felt like it would just pop out of my chest?

Weird feelings alert!

"Inaaya." Aryan dragged my name out making me close my eyes.

"I am going to ask this again. What exactly happened yesterday?" Aryan asked making my heart stop. 

"I-" I tried to speak.

A lump formed in my throat. I was not able to for a single sentence or word for that matter.

"Inaaya, no. Don't you dare lie to me again!" Aryan growled. 

"You really think I would believe that bullshit you are feeding everyone? Tell me who it was? Who tried to hurt you? Was it Daniel Wilmer? Did he touch you?" Aryan said gently touching the bruise on my arm making me flinch. 

Hearing him say Daniel drained all the blood from my face. No, this is not possible.

How did he know about Daniel?

I looked up at him and I knew I couldn't hide this any longer. Suddenly everything that happened since yesterday came rushing back to me making my eyes burn with unshed tears.

 "Aryan!" I choked out shaking my head. 

"I am sorry. I am so so sorry!" I cried unable to meet his eyes. 

"Daniel, he is my ex-boyfriend. Yesterday when I was in the washroom, suddenly the lights went out. I was trying to find my way back to the party, that's when Daniel grabbed me and took me behind the pillars. But- But before he could do anything, I got hold of a showpiece and I smashed it on his head and made a run for it. I- I was so scared Aryan. So scared!" I sobbed out loud making Aryan pull me to his chest.

Aryan just stood there holding me in his arms tightly as I cried uncontrollably into his chest. I do not know but at this moment I just did not care,  if he is my boss and I am his secretary. I need him now more than anything. He makes me feel safe, and that's all that matters.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier. I am sorry!" I kept on apologizing as Aryan held me close to his chest, his head resting on top of mine.

"Inaayie, hey, it's okay. You don't have to be scared of anyone. Daniel will never be able to hurt you, I will make sure of that. I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you. Ever!" Aryan said in a soft voice dissolving my sorrows. 

I nodded my head, my face still buried in his chest as I take in the soothing smell of his cologne.

I sniffled and looked up at him through my tears.

 "You promise?" I asked making him smile a little bit.

The smile melted my heart. Then he did something completely unexpected.

 "I promise." Aryan whispered as he leaned down and planted a small kiss on my forehead. 

What are you doing to me Aryan Khan?

Bye.