Chapter 11: The Green Devil

HIMARI'S POV: 

                  I've been feeling well lately. Other than Alex's questions three days ago, I'm fine. Those questions, really brought a lot of pent up memories that I would rather be sealed in a box deep in the basement of my mind. Yuzu was really worried, up until now, he still do. He's the friend that helped me recover and I really appreciate that. However, for some reason, he's been acting weird and uncontrolled temper lately. This started since last week when I started training again and it seemed to have worsen since the morning of three days ago.

           This time, it's my time to be worried. Is there something bothering him that he doesn't telling me? Alex and I are talking about it too, especially since his anger was clearly directed to us. This happens not just in school but also in training. You can obviously tell that something is wrong when Yuzu starts to train himself non-stop. He's been hurling these crazy jumps even though coach advises him not to tire himself too much. Even coach knows there is something off. 

      Okay, as much as I want to figure out Yuzu's problem, I have to think of my own thing too. It's about the competition. A good thing about me is that I always prepare everything ahead of time. Before the, umm, kidnapping; I already prepared my program. Another good thing, I can remember it despite the trauma which could have made me forget about it or go in some kind of amnesia. The only problem is the jumps. In practice, I can do them perfectly. But when it comes to practicing my program along with the included jumps, I just fail. I just fall and fall and fall. It's frustrating me.

     Yuzu and Alex has been helping me though. Yuzu handles the Axels since it is his so called 'bestfriend' amongst the jumps; Alex on the other hand helps me with Toe Loops. It's weird because the Axel and the Toe loop are my favorites. Alex has been helping me a lot. He even makes me laugh. He's the second to make me laugh. I've been thinking about him lately, you know? Ever since he helped me when Yuzu still misunderstood me. 

I actually feel that I like Alex.

ALEX'S POV:

"I think I actually like Himari." I said to my father. We were cleaning this old bike that my father used three years ago. At first I thought that it is quite strange for him to ask me out to help him on something. He's the kind of guy that prefers working by his own. But then, I realized what's the matter; he has something on his mind about me and he's been meaning to ask me about it. That's how we arrived about me saying my feelings about Himari. Turns out, he's curious if I started to see any girls; you know being a teenager and all of that stuff, my father was just concerned. "Don't worry, though. I won't let my feelings to affect my studies and my sport." I said chuckling. 

  "I actually think that it is time for you to let loose a little, Alex." he said. I was confused and it probably shows in my face because he explained it after. "You've been working very hard all this time Alex. You're still a kid and I want you to at least enjoy that. Me and your mother always made you feel that you need to be an adult and be responsible for everything and focus on being a perfect child. We want you to be happy and enjoy. So, I say that why don't you try to pursue your girl, son?" he said. "I like her so much dad. I'm so happy you're letting me to be close to her." I said not knowing what else to say. "Don't be in a trance to much about her, though. Even though we are letting you loose this time doesn't mean you don't have to study." he said laughing.

My Girl....

YUZURU'S POV:

          Other than helping Himari on recovering some of her jumps and some exchanged words in school, we no longer have any interaction. I stopped visiting her house too. Whenever I get there, Alex is already chatting with her and I don't seem to have any place there. He also takes her to school and walks with her every afternoon. Every time that we're on break or having lunch, they would be out and and completely occupied. Even some of their friends can't approach them. It feels like he stole my time with her.

      I hate being like this. Being envious that is. I hate begging for someone's time and attention when they don't really even look my way. It is clear that Alex likes her. I mean, who doesn't? Probably just the 'Popular Girls' that thinks they're the best. She's a literal ball of sunshine, though. That's why guys in our school are always looking out for her, even me; and of course Alex. 

      Well, setting these emotions aside; Mai is getting better every time. The kidnapping is almost gone in her mind if you see her talk and interact. Though, if you are going to observe deeper, of course there are still traces of the trauma; she can't hide it sometimes. Trauma doesn't heal fast; others doesn't even recover. 

    You can see in training that she's doing her best to catch up on everything that we missed when we stayed on our homes trying to freshen our minds and process every thing that had happened. I guess if you are a fast learner, then you are a fast at recovering the forgotten muscle memory. That's what's happening right now and it's mind blowing. Mai showed up here a few days ago preparing her program with a difficulty in executing her supposed jumps on her program; she needed our help to regain her jumps and perfect them. And now, she's jumping her favorite jumps which are quadruples. 

She's even better than I am. I am proud.

I know that I like her. Even though I am envious and I have these feelings, I am happy that she's fine and joyful. 

---

A/N 

I apologize for the late update. Mistakes in the grammar and spellings are not further re-viewed, so I hope you don't mind it that much. If you like this story, please vote, comment and share this to other Fanyus. 

Just a reminder, I am not a skater; nor do I know any of the proper things for the jumps and the way they train. The dates or setting of this fanfiction does not match in real life whether you compare it to the past or the present times. 

Have a nice reading experience

-mai

Enthralled (Hanyu Yuzuru)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें