"Can't I come up?" he inquired, his voice muffled. She imagined one of his eyebrows raising in the way that he does when something surprises or confuses him.

But as she glanced back behind her and into her bedroom, she knew that there was no way she would let this be the first time he sees her living quarters. Her room was too messy from the tedious act of planning her outfit. If Draco saw it, she knew she would just be embarrassed. It reminded her all too much of someone else, someone with no idea what the word cleanliness meant.

So she quickly said, "No," and left the door to finish getting ready.

It took Averie exactly three minutes to finish her eye makeup, one to make sure her lips were plush and pretty, and four to put her shoes on—chunky black platform heels. She almost forgot to put in her golden hoops before rushing out the door, remembering to breathe and not pass out before seeing the first look of him.

Averie had thrown on a thick and fluffy black winter coat, covering any exposure of the dress underneath. The edges were lined with faux fur, and there was a neat bow tied in the middle, keeping both sides of her warm. She had remembered buying this piece, how she felt strange to do so in California, where the sun never stops shining. It was bordering being two years old, yet this was the first time she'd actually be wearing it out. That felt fitting, wearing it first on a winter date in London.

At last Averie had exited the building, the cold air taking no time to hesitate in biting her exposed skin. She silently wished that she had worn those stockings, but the thought cleared from her mind as soon as she spotted Malfoy leaning on the building—focused all on her legs. They had done exactly as she intended.

Her little black purse swung by her hip as Averie walked over the few steps to get to him. She watched as his eyes slowly slid from her legs up closer to her face after each step that she took. She had to arch her neck to look him in the eyes as she finally stood in front of him. Even in platforms he still towers over her.

"You look amazing," Draco smoothly said, stepping back one pace to get a good look at her again. The utter adoration made her genuinely smile.

"You should see what's underneath," she winked back.

When his eyes shot to hers again, she knew she said the wrong thing, and she knew exactly what he was thinking. But he didn't seem hot and bothered by it like Averie felt she was becoming after he commented, "That's the plan."

"What?" she almost yelled, pleasantly shocked that he would actually suggest it so early on in the night.

"You're going to take your coat off inside, no?" Draco quirked the familiar eyebrow.

"Oh—oh yes of course," Averie looked down out of embarrassment, hoping he didn't see her blush again.

He only smirked and looked down at her legs once more before gesturing for her to take his hand. She did of course, with her senses focusing on the feel of his hand, firm and strong. His hand was warmer than her whole coat was, she imagined indulging in the feeling of his whole body around her, how warm that would be.

The only sound around them was the clicking of their shoes on the pavement until they reached the streets, where the crowds livened up. It was a friday night after all, downtown London was sure to be busy at this time. But Draco led her by the hand and kept her close as he weaved them both through the streets. He sure did know his way around, Averie thought as they turned left into an alley.

Sure enough they appeared on the streets again, though Averie had no idea where they were. Neither of them had said a word since they had left her apartment, aside from the moments of Draco telling her to watch her step as she was about to stumble over a rock or a sidewalk.