It was a picture of dad holding me up in the air, as I giggled, I was probably 5 at that time. That was one time when a smile was there on my face, and today the same photograph was the reason for tears in my eyes.

How much had I missed him. I wish he was with me today, to see me as a bride, probably the biggest dream of a father. I knew he was there with me always, he never let me feel alone.

My dad always said me one thing, I will always be there like a star in your life.

The light in the darkness.

I just knew he was there with me, and will always be. Those were the last words I heard from him. Today on this day of mine, I really wished dad was there with me, to see me here, as a bride. And then it would get even more difficult to leave him and go.

Clutching onto the photo frame tightly near my heart, I let the tears stream down my eyes.

~

"Before the wedding starts, I need to talk to Mayra, and it's really important!" He announced, and my head snapped towards him.

Me and him, seated on the stage, in between all the guests, and just few minutes before the marriage he wants to talk to me about something?

What does he want to tell?

Is he going to back off now?

What will I tell everyone then?

Does he have a girlfriend? I mean can be right? He is so handsome afterall!

Mayra! Not the right time!

"But Aryan..." Aunty spoke, who was then again interrupted by him.

"Mama please, just five minutes." He said, and my gaze shifted towards aunty who had some fear in her mind.

I could see in her eyes, but why?

"Okay, but come fast!" Uncle said.

I slowly walked up and went behind him, and he stopped in the corridor and turned back.

"Can't you walk a little fast?" He asked, and I looked at him with widened eyes.

"What do you mean huh? Can you see this heavy lehenga? All these jewelry and all? You expect me to walk fast in this?" I snapped at him.

"Calm down! I just wanted to tell something..." He started speaking.

"A relationship that bonds together two people in a forever one shouldn't be started this way..." He continued.

He was right.

"I agree, so friends..?" I asked smiling, as I forwarded my hand towards him, and he looked at me with a questioning look.

"What? You know it's our wedding today right? Not friendship day! Husband- wife? You remember? So friends..?" He looked at me with widened eyes.

"Yes so? We can start this relationship by being friends!" I smiled at him, and after waiting for a while, he finally shook my hand.

"Are you guys done?" Aadya asked, and I nodded. Both of us walked back to the stage.

All the rituals were done in a while, and we were MARRIED.

I was officially, Mayra Khurrana.

And in all of this, I was blessed with a second family, who I loved a lot.

"Congratulations bhabi!" Aarushi hugged me, and I smiled at her, cupping her cheeks.

"Congratulations Aryan and my sweet little daughter." Uncle said, cupping my cheeks while smiling at me.