❤𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 ➻ 𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙀𝙧𝙖//𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰//❤

After you had helped Prince get prepared for bed, you had tucked him in and even read him a bed-time story, something you never imagined you'd have the ability to go through with. You had conditioned yourself to showing affection to your son in very practical ways that you had never really spent time to emotionally connect with him. You protected him and made sure he had everything he needed, but you had never been overtly affectionate with him in ways that other mothers would with their own children.

But then again, no mother was the same.

Each one did things differently for different reasons.

Now that Prince was fast asleep, you stood at the doorway to his bedroom, unable to stop yourself from gazing at him thoughtfully. In your mind, Carol's words echoed loudly, and for the first time in ages, you...felt something that you weren't used to.

But it wasn't entirely bad.

In fact, it might even have been good.

You thought about everything as you stood there, so much so that you'd forgotten the plans you'd had for the rest of that evening.

And you were only brought back to your senses by the vibration of your phone in the pocket of your jeans. A frown formed on your face as you reached into your pocket to grab your phone, for you hadn't even remembered that someone was waiting for you.

It was a text message that had caused the vibration, and as soon as you opened the message, your eyes widened.

You'd completely forgotten that you'd had plans to meet with Ian that evening.

You had intended to meet with Ian after you had returned to your parents' house - but that was before you had changed your mind and decided to stay in your marital home.

The screen lit up with the message, jogging your memory.

𝙵𝚁𝙾𝙼: 𝙸𝙰𝙽
𝚁𝙴𝙲𝙴𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙳 𝙰𝚃: 𝟿:𝟹𝟶𝙿𝙼.

𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞? 𝙸'𝚖 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠.
𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗.

You bit your lip, feeling a newfound sense of guilt - but not for the fact that you had forgotten Ian.

𝚃𝙾: 𝙸𝙰𝙽
𝚂𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙰𝚃: 𝟿:𝟹𝟹𝙿𝙼.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢. 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢.
𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢.

But you should have known that it wasn't going to be that easy.

All you wanted was to say that you were going to be where you were truly supposed to be for the night - but life never quite gave you exactly what you wanted.

In no time, Ian was calling you, forcing you to step outside of the room to answer the phone.

"Ian, I'm not going to meet you tonight, I'm sorry," you spoke into the phone as you answered the call.

"Are you serious? I thought you were supposed to be here, at your parents' house. What the hell happened?" his voice was rough, uncaring and unkind - everything that Michael's voice wasn't.