"That, it is." We clink our glasses together before taking another sip of our drinks.

"You need to hustle hard for what you want." Harmony tells me. "I was a single mother when I became a billionaire, that is an achievement in myself. It was never a milestone but it showed me that I could do it alone and that I had done enough to provide for my family."

I nod my head in understanding.

"Like I told you during fashion week, ask for help when you need it." Harmony looks into my eyes. "It really does take a village to raise children and you have two boys so you need twice the help. There are people around you who are willing to help so don't be afraid to ask. You are just one person and if you fall, the whole castle falls with you."

"You're perfect." I laugh a little. "You are the person that I needed to talk to during this time."

"I'm glad that I have been on help considering that we were rivals for years." She winks at me and I laugh again as I think of our feud. Prior to her youngest sister becoming top model, the battle was always between Harmony and I.

"We have grown so much." I say. "Life just seems to be passing by."

"Which is why you need to act now and capitalize off this very emotion that you are feeling now."

--- 

HarmonyPalomino: A Mother

HarmonyPalomino: A Mother. A Woman. A Friend. 

tagged: VeronicaStyles

3,000,000 likes ~ 10,000 comments

Talking to Harmony has really enlightened me on the prospect of getting a divorce and moving forward. People don't really know the status of my parents relationship but they are still happily married and I did not grow up around people getting divorced so I really didn't know what to expect until I spoke to Harmony.

She is an inspirational individual who became a billionaire while being divorced and a single mother. Seeing how she was able to attain that level of success post divorce while having two children makes me hopeful for my own future.

"Oliver-James is already in bed and Alexander is brushing his teeth." I tell Harry as I let him into the house. "I don't want you going up there and disrupting his routine."

Harry looks a little hurt but nods his head, "Ok."

I lead Harry into the office and once he seated on the sofa, I present him with the divorce papers. I don't want to keep playing about so if getting a divorce means that he will become a better man then I am willing to do it.

 I don't want to keep playing about so if getting a divorce means that he will become a better man then I am willing to do it

"Woah." Harry looks up at me before looking back down at the papers.

I take a seat on the single chair as Harry begins to tear up. I make no move to comfort him because I fear that I will break down in this exact moment because this moment is signifying that the end of our marriage is near.

"Why are you crying?" I ask as I swallow my spit. "This is what you wanted."

"It's overwhelming." Harry looks up at me, "There was so much that I wanted to do before I had children which is why I have been acting this way."

Same dude.

"My plan was to have kids in my late twenties or early thirties and we had Alexander rather early

"My plan was to have kids in my late twenties or early thirties and we had Alexander rather early." Harry continues and I listen. "When you got pregnant with Oliver, there was this sudden rush to push things along which is why I had us get married at the baby shower. We became this family of four and I did not feel as if I was meeting any goals that I had set for myself."

I decide to keep quiet and allow him to let it all out.

"I wanted to release music and go on tour but I obviously wasn't able to do that until Oliver was born. We were relocating here from the UK and trying to get Alex settled into life in the US which was a tough transition." I nod my head in understanding.

"At the same time, that's pretty selfish." I tell him. "I know that the tour was delayed due to the pregnancy but you got around to doing it and I left my career to tour the world with you. We spent almost two years on the road and I did not do anything that I wanted because I was helping you."

Harry sighs as he continues to look down at the divorce papers.

"Now that I am modelling again after a two year break, you want to head back on tour." I clench my jaw. "I'm trying to be understanding but you have to see where I am coming from."

He nods his head.

"I can't sign these papers though." He clears his throat as he throws the papers onto the table. "I can't throw away seven years of us over my feelings. V, I want to make this work."

"Harry." I scratch my head in confusion. "I can't keep having you say that it's over but in the same breath saying that you want to make it work."

"I want to make this work." Harry meets my eyes for the first time since I showed him the papers. "But I do feel that we need time apart from eachother to grow separately." 

As infuriated as I am with Harry, he is the only man that I have been with in the last seven/eight years. I can't see myself being with anybody else, not after everything we have been through together.

"What do we do?" I quietly ask him.

"Get therapy." Harry shrugs his shoulders and I slowly nod my head.

"I'll give you two months." I tell him. "This house is big enough to house both of us so we can have separate rooms and start fresh. My primary focus is that I want you to be a better parent to our boys and make better decisions concerning our family."

"Alright."

"I'm giving you two months for us to start working things through and if we can't do it then I will be the first to sign these papers." I assert dominance and Harry looks at me in awe. "The guest bedroom is yours, good night."