Andromalius

*Wake up. Your needed*

Started by the sympathetic nervous system, which is in response to fight or flight situations, tiny muscles named arrectores pilorum, contract and pull the hair upwards. My fingers ran across my skin, and noticed this sensation. All was black, and the air was still. I searched my thoughts for words, but it was blank. The only sensation I felt was the small bumps on my arm. Suddenly, my mind gave me the word "goosebumps".

I moved around and lifted my head off what I assumed was the ground, and felt the once moist dirt that now dried on my face, tear from my flesh as I lifted my body upright. My ears became adjusted and I could hear creatures and insects scurrying about. My mind found nothing about my whereabouts. Nothing at all. As if this dirt pile I was sitting in had forged me into what I thought I was, a human.

Human.

The word came to as if I knew it forever, but I had never heard it at the same time. I stood up from where the ground had summoned my body.

I had long black pants on, and a jacket with a strange symbol on it's front. Even looking at it gave me a feeling of anger, from a corner of my mind that I didn't recognize.

As I stood there, a flash came from the top of my vision, the only thing that has illuminated my known eyes. I quickly looked up to find a magnificent aircraft blaze through the sky at incredible speeds.

It was a 7-F Scout Cruiser, Government Issued. How did I know that? I had never seen one before in the 10 minutes of my known life. I started walking where my feet took me, and continued across a plain full of grass and weeds. I walked over a ridge and saw a few distant lights.

A town, I had assumed. Maybe people there could tell me where I am... Or who I was.

As I started to make my approach, I heard a snap. One that wasn't from my own feet, and one made unintentionally, and mistakenly.

I turned around to find a cold metal object pointed at my face. A little click, and it illuminated with green light, and sizzled with heat. It's light reflected off a figures glass helmet, and shielded his face from sight.

"Don't move."

Words. It's the first time I had heard them from outside my own mind. Don't move... What did that mean?

Whatever it meant, something inside me roared to life. I could feel adrenaline pulsing through my veins. As if uncontrollably, my hand grabbed the side of the gun, twisted it sideways, and pulled upwards, and till I heard the snap of a bone.

The man shrieked, and I tore the gun from his grasp and smashed the back of his helmet with the hilt of the gun. The man stumbled to the ground, and whipped around to face me. I drew the gun upwards to meet his face.

"Please... Don't!"

Without replying, I pulled the trigger. A flash of green light illuminated my surroundings, and sent a ray of heated energy towards my target.

It incinerated the glass of his helmet, sending shards flying. He made a final shriek, as the energy beam exited the back of his head, and was stopped by the grassy ground.

His lifeless body slumped over and never moved again.

My hands shook fiercely. What have I done? Sirens blazed in the distance from the town, and men yelled and vehicles and aircraft hummed to life. My only instinct was to run.

Run. Follow my feet. That became my goal until I understood where I had come from, and who I was.