16|No Good Deed

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You said the b word Granger." George whispered, leaning down from where he stood behind her. She turned around and flashed him a look of annoyance.

"So what if I did? I was not aware it was a federal crime? Shall I pay penance in Azkaban while we are on the discussion of such obscenities."

"No need to be so sarcastic." George replied.

Hermione rolled her eyes ever so slightly. "I'll see you later." She said in a kinder voice to the other twin. The one that she actually enjoyed spending time with.

She made to leave the library, but a thought interrupted that simple task. She halted, turned back around. Before he could realize, Fred Weasley was entangled in a brief yet passionate kiss.

"Get a room." George complained but with humor in his tone.

Fred was highly disappointed as the witch pulled away, and disappeared from sight. His lips still felt warm, but he was already beginning to miss her presence. He inhaled her scent that lingered in the air, before sighing and looking toward his brother.

"What?" Fred asked, wondering George's objective.

George raised his eyebrows up and down. "Want to wreck havoc with peeves on Umbridge. I've been in a quite rebellious mood."

Fred stared at him. "Why not?" He answered after a dramatic pause.

<><><><><>

Hermione was very concerned. That was, her dependency on Fred Weasley was increasing to an unhealthy degree. She considered herself an independent witch. Though any activity she performed independently, lessons, talking to Harry or Ron, studying, sleeping; she felt in longing. 

"Miss Granger." Snape called on her for the first time all year. Perhaps he noticed her hand was not stuck in the air. 

"Sorry sir, what was the question?" She asked, embarrassed with herself. She had been lost in thought, zoning out on the reading they had been assigned for the last five minutes or so.

Snape continued to look at her with disappointment. She considered he would have rolled his eyes if it were appropriate. "Class, has ended." 

She looked around, noticing no one left in the room. Even Harry and Ron had left. "Oh, right."  She closed her textbook and made to turn in her homework. Though as she handed him her assignment she stayed put.

"Professor, I think you would be a marvelous Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher." She said it with sincerity. He was always foul, but not nearly as much as Umbridge. He wasn't evil, just cold. 

"I did not ask for your opinion." He grumbled. "Five points from Gryffindor."

She looked at him with contempt. "I just thought you'd like to know. I'm sorry if I offended you." She then left the classroom, letting out a sigh.  No good deed went unpunished it seemed.

But then she felt fingers on her waist. Before she could scream, she was nose to nose with Fred Weasley, his arm was wrapped securely around her, her front flush with his own. 

"What occasion spurs you to capture me so?"  Hermione whispered, trying to hide the fluttering feeling in her stomach as she spoke. 

"I've missed you." He whispered next to her ear. He brought his lips close to her own, but instead kissed her forehead.