16|No Good Deed

As the days went by, Hermione spent her time studying for her owls, practicing with Dumbledore's Army, and as one may put it; would sometimes be found 'snogging in an upstair corridor'

Though it wasn't just the kissing that drew a majority of her attention to Fred Weasley.

It was the way his eyes caught her's across a room. The way his breathing felt when she lay in his arms as they read different books. The feeling of his hair in her fingers, or the way he'd run his hand through her's. The smell of his jumpers and sweaters. The constant flirtatious jokes, the winks. The hugs from behind, and how he'd tuck his chin on her shoulder. Or how he'd randomly spin her around. The broom rides. The way he'd say her nam—

"Hermione." His voice called, pulling her from her thoughts.

She lifted her head. "What is it?" She asked softly.

He was sitting across the table from her, at a table tucked away in the library. "You've been on the same page for a few minutes now."

"Have I?" She answered rhetorically, her thoughts dazed.

She gave a small grin, thinking over her thoughts. The montage of the days with him replaying in her mind. Him, sitting there right now.

"What?" He asked, wondering what caused her to be so happy.

"It's Nothing."

"Well it's obviously something, if it is causing The Hermione Granger to halt the act of reading." He set down his quill into its stand.

"Alright, I'm just happy is all."

"Why?"

"You." Her eyes looked into his blue, and she saw him biting back a smile to no prevail.

"Why Granger, you're making me blush." He joked.

"No I mean it." She leaned forwards, about to steal a kiss—

"Ahem." A voice coughed.

They both turned their heads. "George you really do have impeccable timing." Fred lamented.

"Sorry, but you two haven't been separated for the past seventy two hours. Excuse me for wanting to spend time with my identical half." 

"You've had him for seventeen years haven't you?"  Hermione commented. "No it's alright." Hermione packed up her assignments into her book bag.

"Where are you going?" Fred asked, rather disappointed in her leaving.

"To the kitchens. I thought between studying and snogging my boyfriend, I'd rescue some house elves."

Fred raised his eyebrows in revelation.

"What?" Hermione asked, stacking the final book onto the pile within her arms.