Chapter 21- Hold me close

Nezuko crawled out of her box when all the windows were closed in my room. Zenitsu started bouncing around when the female came into his eyesight. "Stop Monitsu!" Inosuke growled getting annoyed.

Nezuko sat next to me yawning, I put my arm around the girl "did you sleep nicely?" I say with a smile. She looks up at me with a nod before embracing me in a tight hug. I realized how the girl smelled like beautiful flowers.

"We need to focus on a good plan to defeat upper moon 6," Tanjiro said interrupting me and nezuko's moment. "Plan?" I look at him with one of my eyebrows up "He has two demon blood arts, and they are powerful."

"Any demon can be defeated!" Inosuke butted in with a powerful voice. Though he was right, I was scared.

Don't let your anger drive you.

It was hard. He took away the person who meant so much to me, Her big smile and rarely serious manner. Oka was by far the happiest person I've ever met despite what she had done in the past.

My hatred for Okumuru only grows. I clutch the cloth of my pants just thinking of him. Before I knew it hot streams of tears are running down my (s/c) skin. Hate. I want revenge. I-

before my thoughts could get any worse I feel strong long arms wrap around my waist and pull me into an unforgettable warmth. I gasp looking up to see Tanjiro, his eyes were worried but his face was relaxed. When I looked up at him his hold around my waist tightens. "I know you're mad.." He says before taking a hand to wipe away my tears.

"Tanjiro-" I start before he keeps going. "But we need to keep moving, keep going. We will defeat him, together. And after we can be happy together."

Hope glows in his eyes before he leans into my ear.

"I love you, (y/n)-chan."

His warm breath tickles the hair on my neck. His voice is low and soothing. My face slowly gets hot as he pulls away. He stands up before brushing himself off. "SOOOOO ROMANTIC~!!" Zenitsu cooed twirling around at the sight of me and tanjiro. Tanjiro rubbed the back of his neck with a chuckle.

Flashback
Tanjiro's POV
Zenitsu put his hands on my shoulders looking me dead in the eyes "You're in love!" A huge goofy smile fades onto his face.

Love? I remember my mother always telling me about that. Love more than a family love is rare. too rare.

"L-love? me!?" I put my hands on my face trying to hide the blush.

"Tanjiro your heart sputters for her!" Zenitsu's weird choice of words bounces off his tongue as he wraps his arm around me securing me next to him. "I have a perfect idea."

Present time.
"(y/n)... I have a certain request to ask of you." I fiddle with my hands. Looking down at the (e/c) eyed slayer. A puzzled look rose on her face as she tilted her head "Yes?" She said in response to her look.

"Would you like to go to the ramen shop with me? it's new and uh-" I stutter over my words realizing what I'm saying.

It was all zenitsu's idea.

The female blushed but still nodded "Sure!" Her voice went an octave higher than usual but she still sounded just as cute as before. On the corner of my eye zenitsu put a big thumbs up "I will see you guys later!" He says shooing us off.

(Y/n) chuckled as she stood up and began for the door. I rushed ahead of her to open it for her.

That's one thing I learned from my dad.

—————-
y/n's POV.
The breeze around us was cold but calming, my (h/c) hair blew backward as result of the air around us. us as in me and tanjiro. Tanjiro stood next to me, our shoulders almost touching. His burgundy hair blew in the gust of winds that flew past us. His face was still a bright red hue that I couldn't help but notice.