Chapter 11 - Happy Happy Island

Start from the beginning

"Listen, Kokoro, I get what you're trying to say, but..."

"It's fine, Misaki-chan. If Kokoro-chan and the others want to come, they can." I said as I sigh in defeat.

"Huh? They can?!" Misaki asked as her eyes widened.

"Yay! You're the best Kanon!" Kokoro said and hugged me. So much for me being alone with my boyfriend...
______________________________________

20 minutes later...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

Work has finally ended for me, and at this point, I just want to take a long nap. I swear, Marina loves to put so much on my plate. The best part about after work is being able to walk home with Kanon by my side. She and I held hands as we walked through the peaceful neighborhood. It was just us with no one around for miles.

As we got closer and closer to her house, Kanon spoke up and wanted to talk to me about something important.

"(Y/N)-kun, considering how hard you've been working lately, have you... thought about taking some time off?" She asked.

"Well, I want to, but I don't know if I'll be able to." I replied. More like whenever I asked Marina for a day off, she would have me clean the bathrooms.

"Oh, well, I think you deserve it after everything you have done for us." Kanon said with a smile.

"I guess you have a point." I said. "But even if I did, what would I even do?"

"How about going to Happy Happy Island with me alone?" She suggested, and explained everything about it. After that, a smile grew on my face.

"Okay, I think it is a great idea."

Kanon gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.

"I am happy that you think so. I can find us a way to get over there and back." She offered. Is she starting to do all of this for me?

"Are you sure about this? Can I do anything to help?" I asked.

"N-No, not at all." Kanon replied as her cheeks went red a little bit. "You've done so much for me that I want to make this vacation about you."

It's times like this that I am really lucky to have an amazing girlfriend like Kanon, one who is willing to do so much for me.

"Well, okay, I'll leave it up to you."
______________________________________

A few days later...

Location - Happy Happy Island

It took some convincing of Marina and my parents to let me go to Happy Happy Island for a few days. Luckily, they said yes but I was only able to go on the weekend. I was happy to receive some time off, and I was even happier that we arrived.

Happy Happy Island was a slight to behold. Clear blue skies... the beautiful ocean waters... It feels like I am living in a dream or something.

"Wow, this place is amazing." I said while looking out in the distance.

"I am happy that you think so." Kanon replied with a smile.

"And the best part is that it'll be just you and me, no Kokoro or anyone else." I said.

Kanon chuckled nervously, like she was hiding something.

"Yeah, about that..."

"What's wrong?"