Chapter Eighteen

Purple Iris' symbolize intelligence and compliments.

~

Lucas, Athanasia and Jennette were all casually chatting to each other on the way to the library. They had a plan. First, everyone was going to go to the royal library and research everything they could about healing magic and necromancy. Then, they were going to head to the cemetery and dig up Athanasia's body. Finally, they would head to the royal infirmary and revive Athanasia. If all goes to plan, Athanasia would be alive and everyone would have an extra pair of hands on the team.

If everything screws up and fails, Athanasia would either disappear or remain dead. It's a gamble.

So yeah, Athanasia was a little nervous.

Lucas glanced over at the princess. "Are you okay?"

"I'm a bit nervous." Athanasia looked down at her hands while Jennette smiled.

"Don't worry Athy! I'm sure everything will be fine."

"Yeah, besides." Lucas grinned smugly. "I can do anything."

". . ."

". . ."

"Jennette, do me a favor and smack him."

"Wha- hey!"

Jennette nodded before smacking Lucas over the head. Athanasia huffed, clearly a bit upset with Lucas. "Was this REALLY the time to boast about your magic?"

Lucas, rubbing his head, grumbled. "I.. guess not. Sorry, Athy."

Jennette looked between the two as Athanasia and Lucas conversed, before staring back forward. "We're here."

Opening up the heavy wooden doors, Jennette entered the royal library. Lucas and Athanasia followed the princess in, before Lucas let out a whistle.

"That is a ton of books."

Jennette giggled. "Yeah, it is."

Athanasia blinked before huffing, annoyed. "Can we please just get this over with? I wanna be able to eat food and stuff again."

Lucas nodded. "Right. Everyone start looking for healing books."

As Jennette and Lucas split up, Athanasia quietly giggled to herself. The idea of being able to finally hug Jennette and Lucas, exchange handshakes with people, being able to walk normally in general..

The thought was exhilarating.

Searching the shelves, Athanasia started looking for anything in general that would be helpful before spotting a book with a black cover.

Necromancy : How to Revive a Corpse.

Athanasia blinked. Why did Claude have this again..?

Shaking her head, Athanasia smiled. It doesn't matter. She found it now, so they can use it now. Turning around, Athanasia called for her friends. "Hey, Lucas.."

...

Ah.

It appears that she is too far away for them to hear her.

Turning back to the bookshelf, the spirit frowned. She was horrible at keeping track of things in general, so if she went and grabbed Lucas, she could probably lose track of the book in the sea of paper.

Athanasia sighed before blinking. The book was pretty heavy, plus Athanasia was a ghost.

She had never really attempted this before. The only time she had attempted anything similar was with Felix.

Athanasia sighed. Here we go.

Athanasia went and placed her translucent fingertips against the book spine, before closing her eyes and envisioning herself AS the book. Pages and pages, bound together with leather and string. Wiggling free from the squishy place, squashed together with other books.

SLAM!

The book had escaped from it's rightful spot on the shelf, making a loud sound upon impact with the floor. The sound prompted Lucas to go investigate, concerned for his friend.

"Athy? I heard something, and.." Glancing over at the fallen book, Lucas's eyes grew wide before walking over and picking it up. "Why the hell does the emperor have something like this?!"

"That's what I asked, but hey. Here we are."

Lucas inspected the book once more before turning to Athanasia. "You're amazing, Athy."

Athanasia's cold cheeks grew a bit warm. I haven't been complimented in a while.

"It was no problem, Lucas.."

Lucas sighed before walking over to a study table and opening the book. "Alright, time to read. Hopefully Jennette can find more books.."

"I can help search too."

Lucas nodded. "That is true. I have no idea how, but you managed to get this book to move. Maybe you could get other books?"

Athanasia smiled. "I'll start looking around."

Nobody questioned the books that were flying around and landing in a neat pile next to Lucas.

~

A/N : Wow this hasn't been updated in a while has it haha

Love it when motivation goes blep, not that I mind or anything hAHA