Chapter 32 They all asked for it.

Start from the beginning

"Are you upset that I never gave you one?" I asked as I leaned forward a bit. "Well, if you're a good boy for the rest of the year, I think Santa could whip one up for you." He glared at me as everyone else chuckled.

"Can we get to the task at hand?" Klaus said as he changed the topic off of him. "It's time we make use of our werewolf army." I rolled my eyes at his choice of subject. "Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location."

"No," Jackson stated as Erik nodded with his alpha. "We need all hands on deck here with Hope. You can compel humans to track your enemies."

"Do my ears deceive me, or did you just give me an order in my own home?" Klaus asked as he stepped closer to Jackson.

"This ain't about your ego," Erik said with a raised voice. "It's about what's best for that little girl."

"How dare you question my intentions for my daughter?" Klaus snapped his head towards him instantly.

"Jack. Erik." Hayley tried to be the middle man as I just sat there listening to two Alphas face off. "Klaus is right. Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there."

"Thank you." Klaus thanked Hayley as he turned to me, annoyed. "Hayley." I rolled my eyes again at his pettiness. "But I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste."

Jackson quickly stood up and squared up with Klaus as he crossed his arms. "Just to be clear, I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking. Don't think for one second I take orders from you." with that, he left, with Hayley following after.

 Klaus then turned to Erik as he stayed where he was on the couch next to me. "Why haven't you left to chase after your Alpha?" he asked, annoyed.

"I figured the safest place was next to Dawn." Erik grinned as he turned his head towards me.

"Not when I am here, it's not." Klaus threatened as Erik smirked.

I finally stood up from the couch. "If you guys are gonna kiss and makeup, should I leave?" I asked as Klaus rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I walked into Hayley and Jackson's room, looking for either of them. I turned the corner, still no sign of them. I stepped out of the bedroom and glanced down at the courtyard. "Looking for someone?" I turned my head to see Erik standing there.

"Actually, yes. I was looking for Hayley." I said as I stepped closer to him. "I was wondering if she could watch Hope for a bit."

"Going somewhere?" He looked confused at the fact that I was leaving at all.

"Yeah, I did this spell of the crypt that Finn was channeling his parents in. It's basically like an alarm to tell me if anyone went in, and it pinged, so to speak." I explained to him.

"Well, why don't you tell Klaus? I'm sure he would be happy to look there." I watched his body shift uneasily.

"I know he would." I sighed out. "But, I would too. Since I can't find her, will you watch Hope?" I said as I stepped around him. I felt him reach out his hand and grab mine to stop me from leaving.

"Don't go." He pleaded. "Hope needs you here."

"You really think that I would leave her unprotected?" I asked as I turned back to face him. "I have spells upon spells on her room alone. And if anything is strong enough to break through the spells, I still have this," I held up my moonstone ring. "That is directly linked to her. If anything happens, I will be back. Trust me." I explained. "I just want to make sure that he is dead without any way of re-entering," I stated as I removed Erik's hand. "Keep her safe until I come back." I smiled at him. He placed his hand on my cheek only for a second, like he was reassuring me before I was gone.