Bite My Tongue - Chapter 5.

That afternoon after I sat in my room crying for over an hour, mom, Craig and Abbie came home.  

"Alice! Put something decent on we're going out for dinner!" Mom shouted through the door. 

I sighed, lifting myself off my bed and walking to my wardrobe, shuffling some clothes around before settling for a pair of denim blue skinnies, a black Blink 182 shirt, my black and red Green Day hoodie and my bright red hightops, throwing them all onto my bed I left my room, quickly darting towards the bathroom and slamming the door behind me. I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself. My eyes were all red and blotchy from crying and there was tear stains on my face. My blonde hair was limp and knotty and my eyes looked grey instead of their usually blue. I sighed, before splashing water on my face a few times to reduce the redness before wiping the remaining water off with a towel. I quickly ran a brush through my hair before tying it up lazily on top of my head. I had no one to impress. After throwing a bit of eyeliner and mascara on I quickly changed into my clean clothes, making sure my hoodie sleeves were over my wrists. No one needed to see my wrists. Or any of my arms really.  

I sat on my bed, tying my shoelaces when Mom screamed that we were leaving in a few minutes. I grabbed my iPod, wrapping my earphones around it and pushing it into my pocket before trampling downstairs. 

"Alice I told you to put something decent on!" Mom groaned, emphasizing on the word 'decent'. 

"This is decent." I snapped. 

"Get in the car." Mom growled, pushing me towards the door. I climbed into the back seat as Michael put Abbie in her carseat and everyone got in.  

I shoved my earphones in, threading them up the inside of my hoodie so you could only see the cable coming out of my hoodie to my ears. Flicking through my songs I tapped 'No One Does It Better' by You Me At Six, it was one of my favorite songs.  

"Alice! Take those stupid headphones out and be social! We're here!" Mom snapped. I sighed, winding my headphones around my iPod and pushing it into my pocket, climbing out of the car, following behind everyone up the path to the front door. I begged that these people had no kids so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone really. I shuffled nervously as mom pressed the doorbell.  

"Stacey!" The lady who answered the door cried. 

"Isobel!" Mom cried, engulfing the other lady in a hug.  

"Oh the whole family's here! Great! Come on in!" The Isobel lady said to us. I sighed, dragging my feet along the carpet as we stepped inside. 

"I'll just get Alex, he's up in his room of course. Alexander! Get down here! We have guests!" Isobel yelled up the stairs.  

Alex. I begged to god she didn't mean the Alex I knew because I didn't want to see him, I stuttered like crazy around him, and if Michael saw he'd definitely point it out to Alex and pull some other shit and bust all my secrets. I kept my eyes glued to the floor as I heard heavy footsteps on the stairs followed my a voice I knew all too well. 

"Jeez mom! I was coming!" Alex huffed. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. I bit my lip and tried to smile back, realizing that I probably looked like an idiot in my Green Day hoodie because Alex was wearing a Green Day shirt. 

"Alex, this is my friend, Stacey, and her lovely husband Craig! And their kids, Michael, Alice and Abbie. You probably don't remember them." Isobel told Alex. I bit my tongue at her referring to Craig as mom's 'lovely husband'. He wasn't her husband. My dad was. Not that idiotic asshole.  

"Hey." Alex said, waving. 

"Hi Alex." Everyone chorused. 

"Oh Alex you've gotten so big since I last saw you!" Mom squealed.