Bite My Tongue - Chapter 4.

The next day Jack came bounding over to my house with his friend Alex in tow. Mum and Craig had gone somewhere to meet old friends to it was only me and Michael. 

"Hey!" Jack said excitedly. 

"Hey." I said softly. 

"You coming over today? The band's practicing.." Jack explained. 

"Yeah, I'll be there, just gimme a minute to change." I told him before racing upstairs to my room, firmly closing the door. I shoved clothes aside in my wardrobe before settling on one of my many worn Green Day shirts. Well, it wasn't really a Green Day shirt, it was white with blue sleeves and had the letters 'The Boo' printed across it in bright pink letters. It was Joey's family band and I could remember Adrienne giving it to me as a bit of a joke one year. I pulled the shirt on before grabbing my charcoal skinnies and shimming my way into them, dancing around and looking like a complete idiot trying to get them on. I ran my fingers through my hair and shook it over my shoulders, letting it fall down my back before grabbing my black hightops and pulling them on before walking back downstairs to meet Jack and Alex. 

"Ready to go?" Jack asked. 

"Yep." I grinned, closing the front door behind us. As we were walking Jack looked over at my shirt. 

"Hey, Alice, just wondering but uh how exactly did you get that shirt? I mean, isn't The Boo Billie Joe Armstrong's family band? He posted a photo the other day on instagram of that exact shirt.." Jack asked curiously. 

I sighed and looked at Jack, his dark brown eyes staring curiously at me. I had to tell him. 

"Oh. Uh, well, I kind of know Billie Joe Armstrong. And his family. And the rest of Green Day." I said awkwardly.  

I heard Alex choke as Jack abruptly stopped walking and faced me. 

"No. Fucking. Way." Jack said. 

"Yes. Fucking. Way." I mocked him. 

"Wait wait wait, are you messing with us?" Alex asked. 

"No! I'm completely serious, look, if you two promise to not blab to everyone I'll call Billie and you can talk to him." I sighed. 

"Really?" Jack gasped incredulously. 

"Yes really." I laughed, pulling out my phone and going to my contacts. I knew Billie was gonna get a laugh out of this. 

I waited for my phone to load as Jack and Alex both peered over my shoulders. I finally found Billie's name, 'Beej A'. I could still remember when he stole my phone and put his number in there without even telling me, I was about ten at the time and he told me it was magic.  

"Beej A?" Alex asked curiously. 

"I dunno. He put it in." I laughed. "Now do me a favor and move before he answers." I added, pressing call and holding the phone up to my ear. 

It rang three times before I heard a beep and the call connected. 

"Heeellooo?" Billie asked curiously. I could hear a lot of noise coming from his end so I guessed that he'd just finished a concert, but after a few seconds it quieted down. 

"Hey Billie, it's Alice." I said happily. 

"Ali Bear!" Billie cried. He given me that nickname when I was about seven, when Adrienne had bought me a cute purple teddy bear because I'd been in hospital getting my tonsils out. Billie had visited me and I told him that I named the bear "Stacey Bear" and then he told me that I was his "Ali Bear" and the nickname had just stuck.