2|to hell with school

I ring Cameron's doorbell and wait for him to let me in. There's no answer so I ring the bell again.

"Cam? It's Y/n." I shout, so he can hear me through the door. The door suddenly swings open to reveal Ferris. I furrow my eyebrows, staring into Ferris' eyes in disbelief.

"You little shit." You say, pointing at him.

"Surprise." He says with a wide grin.

"I can't believe you made me skip school for no reason." I say, crossing my arms.

"To hell with school! Who needs it anyways." Ferris replies.

"Me. I need it. I'm failing all my classes." I say with a straight face, which slowly turns into a grin. Ferris and I both burst out laughing.

"Well are you gonna let me in?" I giggle.

"Right this way m'lady." Ferris says linking arms with me. We go upstairs to Cameron's room and stand in the doorway, watching him laying face down on his bed.

"I convinced him to pick me up from my house to bring me here, and he did, but now he's refusing to get up." Ferris says leaning on the doorframe.

"Ha! Convinced more like blackmailed." Cameron says.

"Go back to sleep Cameron." Ferris says before turning to face me.

"Why does he need to get up anyways?" I ask.

"You see Y/n, this is my ninth day sick day this semester, and I don't think I can get away with a tenth, so I gotta make this day count." Ferris explains, a pleading look on his face. I nod and walk over to Cameron, carefully sitting down on his bed next to him.

"Hey Cam, I missed school today just so we could hang out, ya know?" I say, lightly grabbing his shoulder. He groans, turning his head to face me.

"I already know Ferris tricked you into missing school, Y/n. Besides that, I don't wanna get out of bed." He says, placing his head face down onto his pillow again. I furrow my eyebrows looking at Ferris. He motions for me to go on.

"Cam, I think you'd actually really enjoy yourself. What's the worst that could happen?" I ask rhetorically.

"Ha!" He simply replies. I stand up walking back over to Ferris.

"Well, I tried." I say, walking out of Cameron's room, heading downstairs.

"Wait. Wait! Where are you going?" Ferris says, following me downstairs.

"School." I reply, standing by the front door.

"No!" He says, grabbing my hand.

"What?" I ask quickly to hide my blush.

"Don't go. Screw Cameron. We can spend the day together. Just us." He says.

"... Just us?" I ask, a bit taken back.

"Yeah!" He says enthusiastically.

"You know I'd love to Ferris but-" I begin but Ferris cuts me off.

"Why not?" He asks. I stand silent thinking about it for a moment. In this moment Ferris and I both look at our hands, and quickly let go, avoiding eye contact.

"...I feel bad for leaving him. He's our best friend, and I know that he says he doesn't want to go, but he'll get all upset that we spent the day together without him, and then he'll moan about it for weeks." I explain.

"I know... Well unless you can think of a way to get him to come with us, he's just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it." Ferris says.

"Actually, I've got something that might get him out of bed... Do you know Sloane Peterson?"