1|groundhog day

Y/n's pov
After doing my hair and makeup I decide to check up on Cameron who's off sick again. I dial his number and wait for my phone to stop ringing.

"Cam- Cameron here..." He groans.

"Hi Cam, it's Y/n." I reply, twirling the cord of my phone.

"Hey Y/n." He mumbles.

"Gee you sure sound happy to talk to me." I say sarcastically.

"Whatever. What do you want?" He replies.

"Well Cam, I do hope you feel better tomorrow, cause this is the second day I have to walk to school and I don't think I can bring myself to do it a third." I say.

"Sorry Y/n. I swear I'll be up and ready to drive us to school tomorrow." Cameron mumbles back before falling into a coughing fit.

"Oh gosh Cameron, you really don't sound good." I sigh, feeling bad for my best friend.

"I told you, I'm not faking it like Ferris always does, I'm actually sick." He tries to laugh but starts coughing again.

"I know. I'll come round to yours after school to give you a big kiss, how bout that?" I laugh, knowing Cameron is also smiling through his phone.

"But you'll get ill too silly." He chuckles.

"Exactly... Anyways I gotta go to school now. Love you Cam. Get better soon. Mwah." I say, blowing a kiss.

"Yeah, love you too." He chuckles, hanging up. I laugh to myself, putting my phone down. I get changed into a cream floral summer dress and brown knit cardigan, then put on my matching brown boots.

"Ah shit, I'm gonna be late." I whisper to myself. I grab my bag, shoving my books and door keys in it, then run out my bedroom. Before I go down the stairs I quickly run back into my room to put a pair of earrings in.

"That's better." I say looking in the mirror. I then pick up my bag again and run out my bedroom once again. Just before I go downstairs I hear my phone ring.

"What the fuck is this? Fucking Groundhog Day?" I mutter to myself, running back into my room for what felt like the millionth time, even if it was just the second.

"Hi, Y/n here." I say rushed.

"Hello Y/n, my love." Ferris says, making you blush. I shake it off, dropping my bag on the floor, and sit down; knowing Ferris this isn't going to be a quick conversation.

"Ferris? What's up?" I ask, confused to why he's calling me and not at school already.

"It's Cameron. He's really sick, and his parents aren't home." Ferris says, concern in his voice. I hear muttering in the background but the mention of Cameron causes me to ignore it.

"I know he is. I'm going to his after school to check up on him." I reply quickly, watching as the hands on my clock go round.

"I know but he needs you now, and since my parents bought me a stupid computer instead of a car I can't go cause he lives too far away." Ferris explains. I sigh, looking at the time. I'm gonna be really late to school.

"But Ferris, what about school?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it Y/n. There's no harm in missing one day right?" He says. I sit silently fiddling with the phone cord.

"... You're right. I needed an excuse to get out of that European socialism test anyways. Like what's that about? I'm not European and I'm definitely not going to Europe anytime soon, so who really cares if they're socialist or not?" I speak my thoughts aloud, earning a laugh from Ferris.

"That's exactly what I was saying." He chuckles.

"Tell him I'll be over in 5." I say, hanging up. I take my keys out my bag so I can put them in the plant pot outside my house, before walking over to Cameron's house down the street.