Chapter 97 - Memories Forgotten

Start from the beginning

Kara shakes her head again.

"You are truly lost, aren't you, James?" Kara says.

Metallo moves so he is only a few inches from Kara's face.

"James Olsen was weak. I am now Metallo, and am strong. So strong, I can do this." Metallo says, and then opens up his chest, exposing Kara to the kryptonite inside.

Kara groans in pain.

"I can make the girl of steel scream." Metallo chuckles.

Kara continues to moan in pain for the next few minutes, with Metallo not stopping, or moving away from her at all. Eventually, after what felt like hours of excruciating pain, Kara passes out.

*******************

It is now about a week later, and things have not been going well for Lena and Alura. Lena has fallen into a very emotional state, and a big problem has been that Lena has been bottling up her emotions a lot of the time, not wanting to break down in front of her daughter. So, Lena has just been waiting until Alex or Eliza take Alura for a while, for her to break down into a ball and cry her eyes out. While Lena has done this, she has wanted nothing more but to drink herself into an oblivion, and never come out of it. But Lena knows she can't do that, as she has to be a responsible mother for Alura's sake. As while Alex and/or Eliza have been taking Alura off her hands for a brief moment here and there, Lena knows that she can't expect them to look after he indefinitely. Lena made the commitment to be Alura's momma, and she promised her daughter she would always be there. So, Lena is trying, with all her might, to stick to it, it's just hard, very hard.

Throughout the last week things haven't helped that Alura has now began really acting out, being rude, and just plain out mean to Lena, Alex, Eliza, and just about everyone else. Lena knows that this is just a stage that Alura is going through, to cope with her grief, but even so, that doesn't make things any easier. Lena has tried to talk to Alura about it, on several occasions, but Alura has brushed her off, and been rude to her. In those moments Lena knows she should discipline Alura, like a mother should, but she simply doesn't have the heart to. So, by Lena doing this, she has essentially been allowing Alura to get away with her behaviour and make things even worse.

On the search for Kara front, things honestly haven't been much better. Alex, J'onn and Winn have tirelessly been trying to search for Kara, Lex Luthor, Leviathan and even James Olsen, but they have hardly found anything. Even Superman has been more involved over the last week, working with the DEO to try and find his cousin. Lena herself hasn't been able to bring herself to head into the DEO, but from what she has been told, Superman has been doing searches, using his x-ray vision, throughout the entirety of Metropolis, and the area surrounding it, but has still found no trace of Kara. As for J'onn, after a few days of the DEO searching the tunnels underneath the prison Lex was held in, J'onn decided to join them, and used his powers to search thoroughly, running himself ragged. Ultimately J'onn, and the rest of the DEO, concluded that they could not find any trace of Lex Luthor, Supergirl or James Olsen, and due to the scale of the tunnel system, there was no way to make an educated guess as to what tunnels they may have taken on their escape. Then for Alex, just like Lena, she hasn't been doing well. Alex has been trying to keep it together while she has been at the DEO, helping out, but as soon as she returns home, she just gets nice and drunk, and passes out. Honestly, Alex doesn't remember the last time she actually fell asleep without being drunk. This in turn has had a major impact on her relationship with Sam, as the older Danvers sister has pushed away every attempt Sam has made to make plans for them to see one another. As for Winn, he has continued to do tireless research to attempt to find a way to track kryptonite remotely, rather than having to be on site. It has been an incredibly difficult process, because Winn is a technology expert, not a biology or chemistry one. So, over the last week Winn has spent some time on Earth-1, working with Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow to find a way to track the kryptonite remotely. Winn does know that he could have asked for Alex, Lena or even Eliza's help, but he didn't think that would be a good idea. Winn has seen the mood that Alex has been in, and can only imagine how Lena must feel, so he didn't want to give any of them some sort of hope as a way to find Kara, as honestly, Winn doesn't even know if tracking kryptonite this way is possible.