one / genuinely curious

8 years later...

Beomgyu is fucked.

Those ten missed calls and seventeen messages from his boss and coworkers washed away the remaining drowsiness from his body. His soul had been fully awaken yet instantly got frightened when the limbs of the wall clock were pointed to different numbers that he didn't want to see.

How can his alarm didn't do its work? He's supposed to be at his workplace at this very moment but here he is, running to the parking lot and going straight to his car. He unlocked the vehicle and quickly hopped in as he started the car and drove away.

He took a glance at the rearview mirror and his face scrunched up at the sight of his reflection. Evident eye bags, disgusting bed head, and oh he has new pimples. Yes, plural. Not just one, nor two, but four freaking pimples dotted on his skin.

He's still on his pajamas where one of the powerpuff girls, buttercup, imprinted on the fabric. He whined internally and just accepted the humiliating moment that will occur to him later. It'll be okay; he brought decent clothes with him, he's just running out of time to change earlier.

He has his hairstylist and make-up artist to lean on, they're gonna save his ugly appearance later. So all he's gonna think about is how will he deal with his angry boss.

After driving for almost twenty minutes, he parked his car and grabbed his stuffs before going out of it.

He entered the building and ran inside the elevator. He pressed his designated floor when his phone rang on his pocket. He grabbed his phone and visibly winced upon seeing his boss' name. With no other choice left for him, he answered the call from the devil.

"Beomgyu, where the hell are you? The interview will start in fifteen minutes! The interviewees are already here!" Beomgyu flinched at his booming voice that he moved his phone away from his ears.

"I'm here. I'm literally sprinting right now," He said and when the elevator's door opened in half, he rushed to find his dressing room and went inside it.

"Well I need you to sprint like The fucking Flash," His boss, Woohyun, said and ended the call.

"Fuck," Beomgyu murmured to himself, seeing his reflection at the black screen of his phone.

Oh boy, he looked ugly.

"Sir, you can go change your clothes. We're running out of time," His stylist said so he sent them an apologetic grin before moving to prepare himself.

Choi Beomgyu is one of the well-known talk show hosts in Seoul. He's loved for his bubbly personality and for being genuine to his every guests on and off cam. Many of his former interviewees really really liked him and would share some stories about him.

Beomgyu never planned this so to have this huge opportunity and fame in his life is a bit overwhelming. He used to be a journalist until he tried hosting once, and here he is.

Maybe that's why the netizens also love him. He really does his research to his guests' projects, personal interests, passions, trivias, and you know just some other things that'll keep their conversation interesting and fun. He never asks someone about their unnecessary dramas or issues or bad rumors (unless if his guest brought it up), he'd love to keep the light atmosphere in the studio.

Today, he'll have these famous celebrities that gave life to the characters of the film that was loved by many people. He's excited to meet these new stars; Kang Taehyun and Lee Haneul.

Five minutes left until the shooting starts when Beomgyu arrived at studio. His long hair tied into a man bun and was designed with adorable hairpins as he walked in with his hands on his pockets.