001. RUINED FLOWERS.

CHAPTER ONE
💐🍃 ──── ❛ RUINED FLOWERS.
❪ S2E1 : The Gold ¹ ❫

✦ ACT ONE, MENDING BROKEN HEARTS

ACT ONE, MENDING BROKEN HEARTS

• • •

              DARK BROWN HAIR FANNED her face and she wonders if her cute look is really worth getting poked in the eye by her strands of hair every second.

The wind breezes by making her apron flow long with it. It was tied around her waist with a matching black t-shirt underneath. Her hair was in curls, framing her face perfectly. The sunlight peaking through casted a soft glow appear around the girl.

It's hard to not stop and stare when she walks by. People were gawking at her but she was too busy to notice. Her whole concentration was on not dropping the plate of food that was in her hand.

"Enjoy your food." she said, sending the table a warm smile after the plate was placed down. It was a beautiful strawberry cake, and Theo's stomach grumbled when she caught a whiff of the delicious desert.

She enjoyed being a waitress. It wasn't her dream job, but it was a job nevertheless. Aside from the obvious money she was getting, the pack of leftovers and being surrounded by delicious aroma of food also made the job worth it.

Her legs were slightly aching from moving around for nearly two hours straight but she was used to it. Endless and endless hours of work, she had learn to just suck up all the pain she's feeling. She could lay on the comfort of her bed later on.

As the clock strikes twelve, more and more customers start to come in and Theo had to keep herself calm and just push through the day. She has done this before, what's the worse that could happen?

Whispers.

That's the worse that could happen.

Comments about her dead friends kept hitting her ear, making her face hardened as her grip on the plates and cups got tighter. Every turn she makes there is always someone talking about her friends' death as if they know what happened.

"Did you hear what John B did?"

"You heard what happened to her?"

"I heard he kidnapped her."

"Of course it was a pogue. What did you expect?"

"He's a murderer."

"I'm glad he's dead."

Comment after comment, opinion after opinion, made Theo's blood boil more and more.

When Theo told her mom the job she got was located at Figure 8, her mom was sceptical at first. After everything that happened, her mother worries more than normal. But Theo assured that it was fine. JJ would be there too. She said. And that was enough to convince her mother. Although, her mom didn't quite favour the blond just yet, she knows that he wouldn't let anything happen to her.