but what made the mayhem so distinct were the meter long claws attached to their arms, making it so when the host chose their target, the claws would perfectly trap in their victim to the point of no escape and setting off a deadly explosion when the host chooses to do so.

another characteristic that made the mayhem so distinct was the marking on the facial aspect of the titan. although the face barely resembled the host, similar to the other six, the mayhem had three deep, horizontal lines starting at the end of the eyes and running across to the end of their face. and vertically under the eyes were two deep lines running down the face and ending at the jaw.

the facial markings on the titan were similar to the ones left on the host's face after exiting the mayhem.

the mayhem was powerful, too powerful that its weaknesses were just as great to match their specialty.

once the host tore themselves out of the mayhem, their conciseness would blur until eventually the host completely knocks out and goes into a state of oblivion for about 15 to 20 minutes, roughly depending how long they were in their titan for and how rough the actions they dealt with were.

another flaw with the mayhem was that
once passed out, the host has to wake up on their own. no matter how much an outside party tries, no one has ever succeeded.

the great weakness certainly took a toll on the host's body. the effects were similar to the cart titan, making the host drowsy or sleepy for a period of time.

if during a battle, the host of the mayhem has to exit their titan, it was too dangerous to let them out in the open alone
for too long, considering they pass out not too long after exiting.

due to the essentialness of the mayhem titan in battles and its weaknesses, there always had to be a plan to keep the host protected.

since the new generation of the seven started practicing, there had always been the same plan for each generation to keep the mayhem safe.

the armored was the ultimate protection and the best option to protect of the host of the mayhem.

it had become the armored titans duty to retrieve the host of the mayhem as soon as they decided to exit their titan form. and if the armored couldn't get to the host in time, the cart titan would have to take over the responsibility.

for generations, the plan to have the armored titan protect the host of the mayhem titan seemed to work so flawlessly.

that was until your generation came. and how reiner was chosen to be the one to always protect you since he had the honor of inheriting the armor.

just thinking about the plan now seemed something out of comedy.

mostly because of you and reiner's relationship. it was honestly so disappointing as you looked back on previous generations and the bond the mayhem and armored titan had with one another. they made it seem as though the armored and mayhem went hand in hand with one another.

you couldn't pin point a place where you and reiner's relationship had become this way. before the two of you were chosen you had little to no interactions with the boy. you had only ever noticed him coming in last for exercises or getting beat to a pulp by porco.

but as the year of training went on since your inheritance ceremony and as you and reiner worked closer and closer together, you two couldn't be more far apart.