Chapter 4 - Dispute

Start from the beginning

"My dear....?" Rosé's mom said like she's asking my name.

"Jennie ma'am. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim." I said and bowed at them.

"Oh, don't call me ma'am my dear. Call me Aunt Rose as well and that old man is your Uncle Sam. I'm so sorry about earlier. My husband is not good with names. He probably mixed it with Lisa's- " She is still speaking when Rosé cuts her off.

"DINNER IS READY!" Rosé suddenly said that stop her mother. "Everyone, let's go in the dining room." Rosé said and immediately dragged her parents in the dining room.

"What's happening?" Jisoo asked Lisa with furrowed brows when her future in-laws left.

"I-i don't know." She said and scratched her nape and looks away from us.

I'm about to speak, but my phone suddenly rings. I look at it and saw my mom calling me.

"Who is it babe?" Lisa asked with furrowed brows.

"It's mom." I said and her expression suddenly became worried. "You can two go ahead. I'll follow later." I said and smile a little at them. Lisa kissed my head before her and Jisoo went to the dining room.

I walk towards the window in the living room, then I breathe deeply before I answered the call.

"Hello mommy." I said.

"Jen your brother." She said, and I immediately noticed the uneasiness in her voice.

"What he did this time?" I asked anxiously.

"He's arrested for illegal possession of firearms." She said with anxious voice.

"What?!"

"Please Jen, we need your help. Your sister and I are now in the police station. I don't know where to get the money to bail him out." She said while crying.

"Mom, I don't have any money right now. You know that I already used my savings to settle his debts last time." I explained.

"C-can you please ask Lisa's help, maybe she - " She is still speaking when I cut her off.

"No mom. I can't do that. Lisa has nothing to do with it. It's our family problem." I said anxiously.

"Please Jen his your twin brother." My mother pleads. I'm about to answer her when someone suddenly took my phone from me that widens my eyes.

"Hello Mrs. Kim, it's Lisa. What's your location? Jen and I will be there."

All the blood suddenly went to my head. I'm really anxious right now.

Lisa and my mom talked for a couple of minutes. After the call, Lisa asked an apology to Rosé's parents cos we need to leave early because of an emergency.

Damn, I'm furious.

→♡←

A few hours later.

"Thank you Lisa. I owe you a lot. Thank you so much for helping my son." Jennie's mom said with teary eyes when all of them gets out of the car.

"No problem Mrs. Kim, it's just money. Just call me if you needed help again." Lisa said and tap the old woman's back.