Chapter 23: Rescuing a King

Beginne am Anfang

 Also, she called back Mon Mothma and Prince Claudio because she believed it should be the time for the two allied factions to bring their military cooperation on the next level

Also, she called back Mon Mothma and Prince Claudio because she believed it should be the time for the two allied factions to bring their military cooperation on the next level. Jaral believed that the Rebellion and the Federation should have signed a treaty of Alliance, standardizing weapons and creating a Joint General Staff that would allow the two factions to work more efficiently.

Prince Claudio was overall positive about this idea. Mon Mothma was as well, but she had to consult the Council of the Rebel Alliance first, and that might take a while. It was no secret that some members of the Alliance, not just Saw Gerrera, were afraid that the Federation would turn them into puppets to control the galaxy once the Empire had been destroyed.

Thus, the idea of binding the Alliance to the Federation was most likely going to find some fierce opposition.

Still, it was enough work to keep her occupied for the following three hours, while Ezra took the time to inspect the troops and make sure that the recovery of the wounded would go unimpeded.

Once they were done, they were informed that Organa's agent was arriving with a shuttle at the airbase. The siblings and the Ghost crew headed there.

A civilian shuttle indeed landed on one of the landing pads and from the ramp came out a familiar face that stunned the siblings.

It was a young woman around Ezra's age, with short crimson hair, blue eyes and fair skin. She was wearing an outfit fit for a smuggler and had a DL-44 blaster into a holster on her right hip.

When she saw them, she made an embarrassed smirk and spoke up.

"Long time no see, guys."

"Moreena?!" the siblings exclaimed dumbfounded.

The young woman widened her smile, probably happy from the fact that they recognized her.

With their mouth still widened, the siblings started to laugh and went to make a group hug with their old friend.

"I can't believe my eyes!" Jaral exclaimed.

"Look who's talking." Moreena replied with a chuckle. "When I left Lothal I thought I would never see you again. Then you come out with an inspiring speech on the radio."