Chapter 11

"Hi Em." James said and sat next to Emily.

"Hi James. Just finished practice?"

"Yup." He said and kissed her.

"Eww... you're all sweaty. If you want to kiss me, take a shower first!"

"Yes mom..."

Then, they both chatted until the bell rang signing that they have to go back to class. They went to different classes. Demi was on her way to class when she passed by Halston's locker. Halston was with her friend, Kate. She overheard her reading a note which was slipped inside her locker.

"Look Kate, looks like Prince Charming wanted me to be his date. He should've dumped her years ago" Halston said to Emily.

"Oohh.. what does it say?" Kate asked her.

"Dear Halston, I've been loving you since forever, from: your secret admirer" Halston read.

"This note is definately from James." Halston added.

"Oh la la...." Kate said.

"Something isn't right" Demi, who had been listening thought. She wanted to hear more but the second bell rang so she must go to class.

She had the same class as Emily. She desperately wants to tell her but she is afraid that Emily would be heartbroken like before. She decided to keep it to herself in the meantime. Also, she has to make sure whether that note us really from James.

Later that day, Demi was about to ask James about that. Emily was still in class so she had time to speak to him ALONE. The friends type alone.

She found him at the lockers. She tried to acted casual because it isn't confirmed yet whether that note is really from him.

"Hey James..." Demi said and walked over to him.

"Demi! What's up..." James said closing his locker.

Logan was there. Crap! She wanted to speak to James, alone. How?

"Hey Logie.." Demi said and kissed his cheek "can I borrow James for a sec? I promise it's nothing."

Logan was unsure at first but the let Demi talk privately to James. He trusted his girlfriend. Demi then pulled James into a room next to the lockers and closed the door.

"What's up?" James said.

"Do you know what's up?" Demi said.

"Huh? That's what I'm asking you."

"Okay then, James. Tell me..." she said and stepped forward closer to him "did you happen to cheat on Emily?"

"What?" James said raising his voice "of course not, she is my one and only."

"Sure?"

"Sure"

"Positive?"

"Very positive"

"Very well then, now tell me, did you happen to slip a note in somebody's locker this morning? Be honest! I can tell when you're lying" Demi threatened him.

"No Demi" James said calming down "I didn't slip anything in anyone's locker. Anymore questions?"

"Yes. Have you asked Emily to Homecoming?"

"Um... no." James said innocently. Demi slapped his head.

"Ow! What was that for?" James said rubbing his head.

"Why not?"

"I didn't know when and how to ask her."

"Haha.. James Maslow doesn't know how to ask a girl out!" Demi said and laughed as if she's joking. "Are you serious?" She suddenly turned serious.

"Demi, I'm going to ask her. Definately." James stated.

"Okay.." Demi said "let's get back outside so we wouldn't arise Logan's suspicion"

"I think we should" James said, opened the door and walked out followed by Demi.

James went straight to the parking lot. Demi was rejoined by Logan.

"How was your private chat?" Logan said curiously. He scented something bad.

"It was okay..."

"May I know what it is about?"

Demi hesitated in answering but she knew Logan will keep disturbing her if she doesnt telk him.

"If I tell you, don't tell anyone, including James and Emily."

"Okay...."

"This morning, I overheard Halstob reading a not which was slipped inside her locker. It was a note from someone asking her to homecoming. The note states that it is from someone anonymus."

"And you suspected James?" Logan laughed after finishing a sentence.

"Apparently, yes."

"James likes Em, you know that.." Logan said.

"But he told me a few minutes ago that he hasnt ask Emily to homecoming."

"So if he didn't ask her, the anonymus guys might be...."

Demi nodded.

"JAMES" they both said quietly.

"We have to warn Em!" Logan panicked.

"No. Logan, we arent sure yet whether that note really is from James."

"So?"

"So, we must be careful. That note could be from anyone, if we tell Emily now and it wasn't from him, then we are in great trouble."

"This is what I like about you." Logan kissed Demi's cheek.

"What?"

"You are good at planning stuffs."

"It's in my blood honey.."

"How?"

"Just in my blood. And I have a very awesome boyfriend to mess me."

"Is that supposed to be irony?"

"Maybe."

Demi is the mysterious kind of girl.

James drove himself to Halston's.

"Hi James.." she said the moment she sees him.

"We need to talk."

"Oh.. I like the sound of that"

"What have you been doing to me?"

"Making you fall for me?"

"No! I have Emily. You know that!"

"But you can't resist me!"