xxv.

★彡[ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟᴏᴜᴛ ]彡★

★彡[ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟᴏᴜᴛ ]彡★

It had been a long night for Isabelle, one that she wasn't entirely sure was even real. Hell, she could hardly even keep up with everything that was going on around her while trying to remain calm. 

One minute she had been watching the news, listening to some story about a touching reunion between a previously missing dog and his family while trying to hastily finish her assignment, and the next, she was watching the avengers facility blown apart to ashes. 

It had all been too sudden and unexpected, and it had left Isabelle feeling anxious and more worried than she would ever have thought. It also made her think about things she'd rather definitely think of.

"... Since last night's devastating catastrophe, the avengers have all gone MIA ..."

Isabelle stopped to stare at the television screen once she reached her living room, after finishing making lunch for everyone. Peter was passed out, snoring away on one of the couches while Kamala was on a phone call with her family to inform them that she was okay. Kate, America and Yelena were probably also still asleep in Isabelle's room.

She listened as the reporters were still reporting about the explosion and trying to figure out who did it.

They had said the police had found blood, plenty of it and Isabelle tried not to think about how and of the five that were currently taking refuge at her place could have been caught up in the explosion and died. She tried not to think of how beat up and exhausted they were when they reached her apartment.

She also tried not to think about how this definitely wouldn't be the first time the four of the five were injured and how maybe next time they wouldn't be so lucky. Maybe next time, when they came to Isabelle, all bleeding and badly injured, she wouldn't be able to help them.

Isabelle wasn't aware of having sat down on the couch, too focused on her thoughts and the footages playing on the screen in front of her. She didn't even notice when the couch cushions shifted at her side.

"You okay?" Isabelle was distracted enough by her thoughts that she jumped a bit at the other female's voice.

"Oh, uh yeah, I'm fine. You really shouldn't be walking around," Isabelle replied, softly scolding her as she attempted to sound casual, even though she really was worried. 

Yelena just shrugged it off. "I'll be fine, just sore, but I'll live."

Isabelle didn't miss the way Yelena winced as the blonde leaned back on the couch. 

"It's not the first time I've been shot you know," Yelena added, trying to assure her. 

Isabelle shot her a glare at the casualness in her voice. "Yeah, like that's supposed to convince me."

Yelena didn't reply, only merely shrugging in response while Isabelle sighed, turning her attention back to the screen as they kept reporting about the explosion. She'd been watching the reporters showing around the ruins when the channel suddenly changed.

Isabelle then instead found herself watching an old episode of a game show. She turned to Yelena with a questionable look who was holding the television remote in her hand.

"It gets boring when it's like the millionth time they continue to play it," Yelena stated.

Isabelle found herself rolling her eyes at the blonde's comment. There wasn't really anything to say to that. 

So the two sat there in silence with Yelena occasionally changing the channel, Peter's snores echoing through the living room, until the two decided to settle on the first Transformers movie that was playing, temporarily forgetting about the chaos that had caused last night as they peacefully enjoyed the movie with one another's presence.