exhaustion ended. /still tw

i made a fruity lil animatic for these two if you'd like to see :D

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdYG9FJ5/

but enough about that

wanted to write a quick drabble to fill the void in my soul after the last chapter, i hate angst with a passion omg

tw/ references to last chapter (not explicit)

"trigger warning for graphic physical/emotional abuse/blood/dissociation/negative self talk !"

was the tw for last chapter !!
always have a safe read gamers :D

Hunter hadn't been able to fall asleep that night. Not because he wasn't comfortable, he felt soft under the hold of Edric's hands, he just couldn't stop his thoughts from racing about the night before.

He opened his eyes to look over at Edric, who's eyes were shut, mouth parted in a tired, steady breath.

Hunter felt himself smile at how peaceful the other boy looked next to him. He shuffled around a bit to rearrange his ribcage, causing a stir that woke up Edric.

Edric's eyes squeezed open, blinking away the exhaustion from his skin.

Ed smiled, peering into the expression of Hunter.

"Why you up hun?" He asked with a sigh, returning his hand to the side of Hunter's face.

Hunter exhaled at the touch, unconsciously leaning into his hand.

"Couldn't sleep," He said shortly. Edric frowned.

"Last night?" Ed asked, eyebrows pulled up in concern.

Hunter shook his head, suppressing a wince from the pain in his neck.

"I'm okay, you can get back to bed."

Edric did not go back to bed. He instead, smiled, and tiredly got up.

"C'mon Hunter. Let me take you out for a bit." Edric said, reaching out his hand.

Hunter blinked, feeling a tinge of warmth in his cheeks at the Blight's word choice, and the way he said his name.

But a chill ran up his spine when he thought about the ... consequences for going with Edric.

He felt the rise of panic begin to come to him.

"I can't just leave unauthorized anymore, after what happened last night I-"

"You never get out of here. You don't have any assignments for a while. Just... come with me for a bit? We'll be back before it gets too late, I promise."

Hunter thought about it. He has been cooped up for a while, so being out for the night wouldn't be too bad, right?

It's not like there's any way Belos could know he left the castle at night, right?

He decided it wouldn't kill him, probably, to have one little outing to himself with his boy.

Not his boy, his friend. His person. He had to differentiate that.

Hunter sighed with a smile, nodding as he took Edric's hand to stand beside him.

"Fine, Blight. You win." He said, mocking defeat.

Edric practically beamed. "Yes! Okay we won't do anything crazy since you're... hurt, but we can at least get you some fresh air," Ed rambled as he pulled on his boots.