Chapter 26 (Edited)

Over the two weeks before the wedding, the girls and I focussed on pampering Kaitlyn and ourselves to shopping sprees, food and beauty treatments. I made it a point to spend at least one meal with Leo. Both of us were busy with our family occasions, so these few hours spent together proved to be precious.

Two days before the wedding, Leo and I were having lunch at a lake side restaurant. "So what's the plan for the rest of the day?" Leo asked, shovelling pasta into his mouth. "There's not much to do in the day. But the hen-do is tonight." I said excitedly. "The what do?" Leo asked. "The hen-do. The bachelorette party." I clarified. "Right. So what's going to happen there?" Leo asked. "Everything that happens at a bachelor party." I said slowly. Leo merely nodded. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked and held his hand over the table.

"Yeah. Just a little tense about uni. I've got a lot of catching up to do, according to my classmates. Also, my father's not helping. He keeps asking me to go to his lawyers place with him so that he can officially put the business to my name." Leo rubbed his eyes tiredly. I squeezed his hand. "Hey, you'll get through this. You always do. And you know I'm always here, right?" I said. "I know." Leo nodded and smiled at me. We decided to skip dessert. Leo called for the bill and I paid before he could get his wallet out. "C'mon. You need to go home and get started on catching up. I need to leave and prepare to be the perfect maid of honour at the party." I said and held out my hand for him to take.

We held hands as we walked upto his car. Leo got in, but I just waited for him to drive away. "You're not coming?" Leo asked. "No, I've got some things to pick up first. I'll see you soon, okay?" I leaned down to his window and gave him a small kiss. He drove off and I got my phone out. "Hi papa. I need a ride home. Could you send a car please?" I asked. "Where are you?" Papa asked. I gave the name of the street and papa told me that the car would be here in twenty minutes. I hung up the phone and waited.

Four hours later, Margaret, Lana, Sarah and I were taking Kait into the club. Loud music was blaring from large speakers and the dance floor was almost full. The others headed to a table while I left to get drinks with Lana. "Hey! I need five shots of tequila!" Lana had to scream to be heard over the music. The barman nodded. "We have a soon to be bride over here." I screamed, pointing at Kait who was wearing a tiara. "This a bachelorette party?" The barman asked. "Yeah." Both Lana and I nodded. The barman got a stamp and marked our wrists. "Your drinks for tonight are on the house." The barman winked we both headed back to the table with the drinks.

"Yay! Drinks!" Sarah cheered as we slid into the seats. "Okay okay. A toast first. To Kaitlyn- friend, sister, advisor, protector and almost wife. I hope you are happy forever." Margaret said and we all cheered before gulping the drinks down. We were enjoying our third round of shots, when a gorgeous man in a suit walked upto our table. "I hear there's a soon-to-be bride here?" He asked looking at all of us. "That's me." Kaitlyn squeaked. "Good. Let's get this party started." He said and waved to the DJ. "I Love It" by Icona Pop started play and I whooped. All five of us ran to the dance floor and that's when the fun started.

I danced like I had never danced before. My hair was wild and began sticking to the back of my neck. Sweat dripped down my forehead and my legs began to burn, but there was no way I was stopping. All five of us were going crazy. Soon, our heels were lying back at our table while we went crazy on the dance floor. I was having the time of my life.

*********************************************

When I woke up the next morning, I was in Kaitlyn's bedroom, still wearing last night's clothes. Kaitlyn was lying next to me, snoring a little. My head was pounding and I held my head in my hands. My hair was a mess and I could bet that my make up was smeared. With great difficulty I got some clothes out of my bag and showered. I couldn't stand, so I filled the tub and sank into it. I felt my neck muscles relax, giving me a little relief from the headache. I got out of the tub, put on my t-shirt and denim shorts and had a pain-killer from the medicine cabinet. I needed coffee.

I went downstairs to the kitchen where Auntie was busy making pancakes. "Ah! Look who's up. I guess you drank the least." She smirked. "What happened last night?" I asked. My voice was scratchy. I hated it. Auntie filled a cup with strong coffee and handed it to me. "Well, you girls had a lot of fun. Danced a lot. I guess you were the only one sober enough to send me a text message when you felt things were about to get out of hand." Auntie said. I gratefully took a large gulp of coffee. "Did you take an Advil?" She asked me. "Yeah. I did." I said. Auntie placed a plate of pancakes and nutella in front of me and said, "Eat up. There's someone here to meet you, by the way." She said. She left the kitchen and Leo came in.

"You look like a mess." Was the first thing he said. I glared at him. "I am so glad you left one day for recovery. The wedding would've been a witch's party if you girls looked like that." Marcus said as he stood behind Leo. "Are you here to pick on me?" I asked, bored. "We were here to meet our girls. I have no idea where my wife is though. Are you sure you brought her home?" Marcus asked meanly. I got up from my seat to punch him, but Leo caught me and made me sit down again. I did not appreciate being teased when I was hungover. "She's in her room. Sleeping." I said angrily. "Okay, let's concentrate on Nutella yeah?" Leo said soothingly and sat next to me.

Marcus grinned and went upstairs to wake Kaitlyn. "Take some Advil with you!" I screamed and regretted it the moment my head hurt agonisingly. "Look's like it was a crazy night." Leo chuckled. "That's an understatement." I chuckled and nestled my head into Leo's chest. He hugged me as I recounted as much as I could from last night. As I spoke, I knew one thing- it was the best bachelorette party I had ever been to.

A/N: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I've decided to alter the ending to MBMN. So this something that wasn't included in the book before.

Also, I have an announcement. This Sunday (24th April) I will be publishing the first chapter of 'Kiss Gone Wrong'- my fourth book on Wattpad. Along with that, I will have extra chapters for both FFTN and TDK. And if I haven't finished MBMN by then, I will be publishing a chapter then. So Sunday is something to be excited about! See you then!

Lots of love-D :)