Chapter 14 (Edited)

I woke up in Leo's arms, with my back pressed to his chest. His arm was still around my waist in a tight grip. I was so close to Leo that I could feel his breath on my neck every time he exhaled. My stomach filled with butterflies at our closeness. When I slowly began to wriggle out of his grip, Leo pulled me closer and buried his head into my neck. "Don't go yet. This feels nice." He whispered hoarsely. His morning voice was driving me crazy, but I somehow managed to speak up. "Leo, wake up. I have work to do." I whispered. Leo opened one to look at me and said, "What work?" "I have to go get groceries. Also, Johanna is coming to work today." I said, sitting up. "You can go get groceries later. I'll come with you. And you told us all last night that Johanna starts next week." He smirked and I groaned. "Leo, please?" I asked.

At that moment I heard my phone ringing in the room. "That could be papa." I said and Leo let me go. I felt the cold air hit me as I got away from Leo and ran to the room. I answered my phone without checking who was calling. "Hello?" I asked. "Oh Aria, thank god you're not the type who doesn't answer unknown numbers. Is Leo there with you?" A vaguely familiar voice asked. I began to walk back to the living room. "Who is this?" I asked, confused. "Oh, it's Prudence here." She said. "Oh." I said. "Is there something you want?" I asked, stalling for time. "Yeah, I wanted to know if you've spoke to to Leo since last night. You know had a fight last night, I need to apologize."

While Prudence droned on, I shook Leo awake and mouthed Prudence to him. His eyes widened and he made a slashing motion under his chin. "Um, no I haven't spoken to him. I haven't seen him since last night." I lied. He pointed to my phone and I said, "Maybe you should try calling him." I suggested. "I don't know if he'll answer." Prudence sighed. "He will." I glared at Leo who nodded in defeat. "Okay, thanks Aria. I'm sorry for what happened last night." Prudence said. "Don't worry about it. Call Leo." I said and hung up as soon as I could. "That was awkward." I remarked, sitting next to Leo. I had barely finished my sentence when Leo's phone began to ring. The caller id showed 'Rudy' and Leo sighed. "Answer." I said sternly and he picked up the phone.

"Yes." He said in lieu of answering. Prudence spoke to him and he said, "No. That was the last straw and I really don't want anything to do with you. Take your stuff and leave. Don't call me again. We're done." Leo's tone got angrier as he spoke and he hung up after the last sentence. "I'm sorry." I said and rubbed his shoulder sympathetically. "Nah, it's okay. Good riddance actually. She was starting to stress me out. I feel oddly liberated." Leo said and smiled. I smiled back, not wanting to say that I felt like a wall had been removed from between Leo and myself.

"So what's the plan?" I asked. "She'll come this afternoon to collect her clothes and stuff. All the big things that she can't carry with her now, I'll mail it. I don't want to be home when she comes with the movers." Leo said. "So, do you want time to mope around or are you up for shopping?" I asked him. "Let's go shopping." Leo said and smirked, which almost made me swoon. "Okay. I'm going to go get ready. You can make us coffee." I said and ran into my room. As I stepped out after my shower, the smell of strong coffee invaded my senses and I took a deep breath of the amazing aroma.

"That smells good!" I exclaimed. "Hey, I got another call from Prudence. She'll be sending packers to move her stuff. Apparently, she can't stand seeing my face." Leo rolled his eyes. I took a cup from him and sat at the kitchen table. "So, you'll have to stay back?" I asked. "No. I don't want to." Leo said. "I sense a but." I said. "I need to keep an eye on the men. I have a constant fear that they'll take my stuff too. Is it fine if we postpone the shopping for a couple of hours?" Leo asked. "Hey, it's okay. I can go with Ronnie!" I said. I didn't want him to feel bad about cancelling on me. "Aria, I want to spend time with you. I don't want to cancel. Please?" Leo said and I sighed. "Fine. We'll go after lunch." I said and Leo grinned. "Great." He said.

We got a recipe from online and made ourselves pancakes for breakfast. We both thought it would be a more healthy and responsible thing if we made our own breakfast. After our meal, I walked Leo to the door. "Hey, you know how last night you said you never got a prince Charming in your life? You deserve one Aria." Leo said. "Aww, thanks Leo." I smiled. To my annoyance, he ruffled my hair and left. I cleared the kitchen and put all our dishes into the dishwasher. I went to fold the bed back into a sofa, when a wallet fell out from between the sheets. It was Leo's I smiled as I saw a picture of Leo and his parents in the front. It was old and crumpled- it had obviously been in there for a long time. I had to return it to him.

I took my keys and went to Leo's house. The door was open and there were workers in the house. "Have you seen Leo?" I asked one guy. "The owner of this place? I think I saw him go into that room." He said, pointing to the bedroom. I thanked him and made my way through the big boxes holding Prudence's stuff. "Leo?" I knocked on the door and peeped inside. The room was empty. I heard water running and assumed that Leo was in the shower. I walked in and placed his wallet on the bed side table. There was a box of albums on the bed, and the one on top had the crest of our old school on it. I was about to open it when a voice behind me made me jump. "What are you doing here?" I turned to face a shirtless Leo. Holy crap.