Cross my heart and hope to die

Start from the beginning

   Wednesday, two days later, I got a phone call from Liam. "Hi, is Terri there?" He asked.

"Terri's not in. This is the ignorant cow talking, can I take a message?" I said.

"Can you ask Terri if she's busy Friday night?"

"Yep, gimme' a sec." I hummed some random song, pretending to be the hold music. Hum hum hum hum huuuuuum hum hummmmmmm hum hum hum hummmmmmmm huuuum. "Umm, yep, she's free."

"How do you know?"

"Text."

"Whatever."

"So, why does she need to be free Friday night?"

"I wondered if she wanted to go out for dinner and a drink."

"EEEEP! She'd love to!"

"Pick you up at six thirty?"

"Deffo'."

"Cool. Bye."

"Later." I said and then pressed the end call button. I bit the inside of my cheek and squealed.

   The door bell rang. I stepped in front of the mirror, checked my hair and make up and then put a coat of lip gloss on, smacking my lips together to even it out. I then put the gloss in my bag, along with my phone, eye liner, purse and house key. The bell rang again. I pulled on my stilettos and opened the door to a smiling Liam. "Hey. Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep." I replied. I yelled to Mum not to wait up, just to leave the door on the latch. She 'mmm hmm' ed and told me to have a good time.

   Liam and I got a taxi to a restaurant out of town and ordered dinner. "So, lemme' learn about you before you're drunk." Liam said.

"Well, what d'ya' wanna' know?" I asked.

"Umm, everything. Age, likes, dislikes, family, hobbies, all of it. The full works." He smiled.

"Okay. I'm eighteen. I like MTV, alcohol - yes, I'm not exactly a nice drunk - blue sweets, daisies and Indian food. I hate hospitals, cats, being told what to do, people who talk about nothing but themselves randomly, monster munch and Miley Cyrus. I live with my mum and have two pet Guinea pigs, Stewie and Brian, from Family Guy. My hobbies are listening to music, playing field hockey,drinking people under the table, meeting cute guys and going on Facebook. You?"

   I learned that Liam was nineteen, liked Chinese food (ironically), dogs, the beach, cute girls and smarties. He hated Indian food (weird), people who wear skirts so short that they look like belts, cows and the smell of fairy liquid. He and his friend, Jake, shared a flat together. He had a twin sister, Tania, two brothers, Iain and Thomas, and a puppy called Susie. His hobbies were photography, volley ball and surfing.

   When our food arrived, I had spaghetti bolognese and Liam had some type of fish and chips. So mannish. After, we shared a banana split. Yum!

   We walked to this club that Liam knew and ordered some drinks. By twelve thirty, I had danced with Liam (as well as three other guys, though I have a feeling two of them were gay), kissed him and drunk a lot of alcohol. We walked along the street, my stilettos in one hand and my other arm around was around Liam's waist. Liam's arm was around my waist, supporting me as I walked, I had definitely drunk too much. We were too far out of town so we walked back to Liam's flat. His flat mate was staying over at his girlfriends house.

   I sat in the lounge as Liam got us both glasses of water and me some Asprin. I leaned back and had to blink a lot just to make sure I didn't fall asleep.