Part 14 - be mine?

Start from the beginning

"Come on Mishti you can do it. so what we are in the restaurant? Jab dil sabke samne toda tha toh jodna bhi sabke samne chahiye na?" mishti gave a pep-talk to herself, boosting confidence in herself to have the much-awaited 'talk' with Abir. She was waiting for him outside the restaurant, their usual hang-out place

Just then she saw Abir entering after parking his car. He was surprised to see her waiting like that, outside the restaurant. And as he approached her, he realized, she was nervous? Oh no! what was going on?

'don't think negative Abir' he assured himself and went to her

"Abir, please before you say anything, please let me speak. Bohot himmat juta kar keh rahi hoon. I know it is too soon and you might feel I am unsure, but I am not. Because in all these days I have spent with you, i have seen how amazing person you are. You have been with me when I was being so difficult, you waited for me even when I shut you out, you even left your house and suffered alone without ever letting it show in your behavior. The more I think about you the more I realize this is what Badi ma used to say about life partners! They support each other, be with each other through thick and thin, don't give up even in most difficult situations and you have been all that to me Abir. This was why I wanted a marital courtship, I wanted to be sure before deciding to spend my life with some stranger and honestly you never felt like a stranger. It feels like I have always known you. And so-" saying this mishti sat on one knee, pulling out a ring box. All this while Abir stood there utterly shocked! He was literally speechless. He hadn't imagined this at all...

Was this a dream? If it was, he never wanted to come out of it!

But it wasn't a dream, it was his beautiful reality. Their reality! he realized that as mishti took one of his hands and continued,

"So Mr. Abir Rajvansh, will you be my life partner? Will you be mine?" she asked, her eyes shining with light tears due to extreme emotions.

Abir wasn't far away in being emotional too. His eyes had watered too, 

"please reply sooner, my knees are hurting" her next sentence made him chuckle through tears.

He held her shoulders to slightly lift her up, "Yes Ms. Mishti Agarwal, I will be your life partner! And please, I don't want to see you on your knees again. We have a good height difference, main tumhe aise ghutno pe nahi dekhna chahta" he said and extended his other hand for her to make him wear the ring. He realized he didn't have one but just then she gave him another box! It was the same ring he had made her wear on kunal-kuhu's engagement party! How did she get it back? He had given it to nanu to keep it safe! Oh nanu, of course! So he was also in the conspiracy plan?

As if she heard his thoughts, she replied, "Yes, I had to ask nanu, I wanted the same ring! Now are you going to make me wear it?" she asked with fake anger, and he happily put the ring on her delicate finger and pulled her in his embrace!

--*--

They both then went to Mishti's house to share the happy news where already both families were gathered, courtesy nanu, dadu, BM and BP. Meenu apologized to everyone and so did Kunal and seeing their repentance everyone forgave them. Also, Kunal made it clear that there will be no favors taken or expected from Agarwal group for Da Vansh travels. Dadu was impressed with this young man and decided to groom him in business, if not monetary help

And just then mishti and abir entered. They were shocked as well as surprised to see a huge gathering there but they got little time to think as they were enclosed in hugs immediately, as soon as their families saw their entwined hands and rings on the ring fingers!

Abir was still upset with Meenu but didn't let it show in front of everyone. In his mind he had decided to not return to rajvansh sadan as of now! He would talk to nanu and then mishti about it. in any case mishti and he had decided to wait for few more months before getting married

As they bent to take BM-BP's blessings, BM pulled them in a warm hug "jeete raho baccho" she said, through her happy tears! BP blessed them too, feeling proud of his daughter's choice

Nanu also gave them warm hug and also teased abir as how he had to push his 'gadheda' grandson. Everyone laughed at that.

In all this, one person who was standing at a nearby corner had tears in his eyes. It was after a long and lonely wait of 20 years that he had felt the love of a full family, the feeling of being surrounded by so many people who were tied to each other through strings of mutual love and care. He had craved for this, and his one decision of being close to his granddaughter, his legal heir, brought him all this happiness! Mr. Suresh Agarwal was finally a happy and content old man and all due to a blessing in his life, his granddaughter Mishti!

--*--

A/N – phew. There goes the last chapter. Yes this is the end of this story as it has served its purpose! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. honestly, I didn't think I would be able to pull it off! After all it took me one year to finish this story which started as a short story on IF and then stretched on to become an FF here. And credit goes to you all. If not for you all readers, I wouldn't have finished it. I wish I could individually thank everyone but its impossible to name 100s of people here, so please accept my heartfelt gratitude. thank you so much 🤗😇 and congrats for reaching the 1k mark in this story!

Hope you liked the last chapter. I tried to not include too much of meenu or anyone else. About kunal-kuhu, I have not included them here deliberately since this is mainly mishbir story. So focus was on them. hope you all understand.

Thereis an epilogue coming too, so please keep an eye out for that. See you allsoon, in another story hopefully. Loves and take care you all 💕