Previously on This War Of Mine

Start from the beginning

SAMANTHA
I was happily munching my sub, and Sapan had to do something.
He took the upper portion of the sub that had a little mayonnaise and gherkins?
Yes. He smashed that on my face, gaining him the entire crowd laughing at my clown of a boyfriend.
"Sapan you friggin...," I smeared ketchup on his shirt.
"You just didn't.."
"Apparently I did."
We gave each other rash death glares, looked around to see the entire population looking at us with raccoon eyes, and finally burst into guffaws.
"Carry on, carry on y'all."
We laughed up until our stomachs hurt so much, that it couldn't take more food. Moments like these you know, are enough worthy to keep you fighting till the end. I just want this to last forever, with him. But is the all prevailing power of Karma in favor?
~
The annual splurge of Christmas was still left to be used as I glanced at the time. It was only 4:25 PM
"Hey, let's go get some decorations."
"Babe let's get home."
"Why? So soon?"
"I have wo,.. I am just tired."
"Okay, we'll come tomorrow then?"
"No!"
"Why not?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Because uh.." he stumbled with words and continued after a few seconds, "Because we still have almost a week more for Christmas and this early shopping is really tiring."
"But.."
"No buts. Let's get home."
"Okay." I sighed.
~
He fumbled with words. Sapan Sharma just fumbled with words. He always has everything ready in mind before he talks and he fumbles only when he hides something.What could he possibly hide? This has gotten something to do with that surprise. What could it be?! Intriguing..

SAPAN
The speed was incredible as I zoomed back home.
I had so much to do before 6 PM and I am praying that Roshan has done something.
Frick oh frick the cleaners.
"Sapan don't go so fast. You might get into trouble." She screamed.
"What is life when there is no thrill babe? Doing what makes me feel alive with the one I love is what makes me happy. And I'm doing it."
She didn't reply anything intelligent, but I noticed her smiling to herself, in the front mirror.

SAMANTHA
I went heavy headed inside, and decided to take a nap. Sapan sat beside me.
"Taking a nap?"
"Hmm. Why don't you come too? You are tired and could use a nap."
"I could baby. But I have a little college work to do. And I've to go to the dry cleaners."
"Why dry cleaners?"
"Uhm well, I'd given my whites for a nice wash. I'd look slovenly dressed with those shirts and suit.,s."
"Okay. Be back soon."
"Real soon." He bent down to kiss my forehead and walked out of our bedroom.
~
I couldn't sleep, the thought of that surprise and the way he bluffed about it straight to my face. I wasn't angry, I just wanted to know what it was! It wasn't even a few minutes he'd gone. I slowly tip toed outside, the halls were empty as I heard a voice.
"What are you searching for?" It whispered.
"I don't know"I whispered back.
"Can I help you?"
"Sure but..," OH. OH UM.
"Sapannn ohumm" His arms encircled my waist as he picked me up and spinned me around. My back against his front.
"AAH STOP IT SAPAAAN!"
"And this is how you sleep?" He mocked and tickled me at my waist.
"Hahaha ohoh Sapan stop!!" I curled into his arms, and lost my breath.
He threw me on the bed and came over me propping him up on his elbows by my head.
"Now Miss.Sam if you misbehave, I'll have to treat you extra specially tonight."
"Okay sire. I promise to behave."
"Good girl."
"Hm. I thought you were going to go out?"
"Yes. I had been working on that college project and am going on now when I noticed something naughty my girlfriend was doing." His forehead touched mine.
I didn't say anything, I just gazed into his eyes. I could feel sleep slowly establishing it's place in my eyes.
"Sleep babe. I'll be back."
"Kiss me before you go."
"Gladly. I expected more though." He stuck out his tongue.
I jabbed him in the chest as he laughed and lowered his lips into mine, perfectly moulding my lips and letting his tongue play into my mouth, so uhh.
His legs moved between mine as mine circled his waist. His hand slided down my ass, and he lifted me up, moving me back on the bed.
He placed my head on the pillow and let go, as we looked at each other for a second. Just how much in love we were. Regardless, even if it is crazy or stupid, it is true and profound.
I love him so much, that I want to keep him all to myself and am just not ready to lose this gem of a boyfriend.
If I do, it is all my fault.
I just hope I don't.

SAPAN
I slowly moved away from her, as her smile faded away and she slipped into a silemt slumber.
I ran to the terrace, and everything was nearly done. The candles were all set, these weren't the wax candles but were the electrically lit ones. The wind velocity was really high and igniting a candle seemed to be in vain.
These were perfectly glimmering now and then, and there was a banner which actually said, "I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away." in uppercase Bradley Hand and beneath those wordings, in Segoi Script bold "Yeah I tried okay? Now better marry me or else I'll bang you."
which was black printed on a white satin material? That's what Roshan told me.
We were supposed to actually hang it up, but we had no medium to tie it to. We took almost 20 minutes to tie a copper coil then tie this banner to the coil ensuring that the satin doesn't tare.
After all this was done, I glanced at my watch and frick I was running late.
The time was 5:40 PM and I had to wear the tux and go to that shop to get the polished one,.
"Roshan buddy thank you so so much! I've to rush now. If you want to stay then fine. Just watch out for her okay?"
"Sure bro. Go ahead."
~
I quickly tiptoed to our drawing room were I'd hid the tuxedo and put it on as fast as possible. I know she likes my hair gelled back, tousled too, but I have to look a bit formal this once right?
I put on my Rolex and took my Duke key and rushed outside, the time being 5:43 PM. That jewellery shop was say 3 to 4 miles away? Roughly. My speedometer was hitting the highest as I sped to the shop.
I gave the receipt and those idiots made me wait for about 5 minutes and 34 seconds. I got it and my mind was racing so was my bike at the highest 199 Km/ph
I had to find a shortcut. I have to do everything for her to make her like it, I have to make her stay with me, after all, 7 years spent together with all the fights, bickering, major damages. We survived it. I want us to survi,..
CRASH!

Now..