003. who sees you

Friday is the best day of the week and my classes only made it better. The schedule for Friday is so relaxed and the classes are always really fun, or the teachers are really kind.

English is the class I start the day with. Mr. Yamashita is pretty laid-back and he doesn't pay a lot of attention to students who do well in his class.

"As you can see in your textbook on page 85 there is a given subject where you'll be holding a conversation about." I look down at the text.

Things I like to do/my hobbies

"Pair up, and start writing out your conversation. I want to hear some at the end of this class."

"Bleh, I hate having to speak in front of the class." Meiko says and sticks out her tongue, "I'm pairing up with Yui, what about you?"

Meiko always leaves me when it comes to English. She says that if she paired up with me she'd never learn English because I'd be doing all the work.

"I'll see who is left behind."

I really don't have any other friends besides Meiko in this class. This really sucks.

Langa is sitting there, doing literally nothing. It's as if his soul has left his body and an empty shell is all that he left.

"Earth to Langa?" I say as I sit down in front of him. His puzzled look makes me realise I never introduced myself.

"I'm (Y/n) (L/n). Would you like to pair up with me, there's no one else."

He gives a small nod and takes out his notebook. It's empty even though he has been in this class for at least four days.

"Should we just write? I take it that you don't really need to practice your English." As we start writing what we want to say I glance at his paper.

He has the ugliest handwriting I've ever seen.

I quickly shake the thought away, and continue thinking what to say about the hobbies I have.

The two of us rehearse our conversation and I start talking about how I like listening to music.

"What do you listen to? " italics : english

"my bloody valentine "

"I love that band " He mutters, still speaking in English.

" Me too! " I exclaim, and flash a smile. Langa is really nice, even though he doesn't seem to open up easily. " Favourite song, in 3, 2, 1 "

"sometimes " - " when you sleep "

"Oh, come on! I thought we had some kind of weird connection!" My voice dripping with sarcasm.

"It's alright though, yours is my second favourite one." He jokes as he holds up two fingers.

"You only say that so I won't be dissappointed."

"Maybe." He smiles, and looks out of the window, trying to avoid any eye contact.

Turns out there wasn't enough time and the teacher had to postpone the conversations to Monday. The class felt relieved, and were thankful for the extra time they had been given.

"Just so you know, your handwriting is ugly."

"Huh?!" I stand up and wave at the speechless boy. I tap Meiko's shoulder and we head off to the cafeteria. I turn back and stick my tongue out at the frustrated boy with his notebook in his hands.